Corona Virus

dmu

As usual, all-american conservatives have to ruin it for everyone. Guns are illegal in most if not all major cities and the only serious owners live in suburbs or rural areas. It sounds obvious to me, but there are really some people who think the US is a brimming pot full of trigger happy compatriots. Obviously the democrats are not much better and they don't even know the first thing about guns, trying to cut down on violence by banning a single AR platform rifle.

Moving past the ignorant bullshit that is probably rampant everywhere, just stay inside, and stay safe. Haircuts are overrated anyway.

17 hours ago, Interfearance said:

As usual, all-american conservatives have to ruin it for everyone. Guns are illegal in most if not all major cities and the only serious owners live in suburbs or rural areas. It sounds obvious to me, but there are really some people who think the US is a brimming pot full of trigger happy compatriots. Obviously the democrats are not much better and they don't even know the first thing about guns, trying to cut down on violence by banning a single AR platform rifle.

Moving past the ignorant bullshit that is probably rampant everywhere, just stay inside, and stay safe. Haircuts are overrated anyway.

Yeah, there is more guns than people in the usa though :D 

4 hours ago, Buddy said:

Yeah, there is more guns than people in the usa though :D 

The UK and US both have near identical crime indices by many measurements. See what I did there? Both of our statistics don't really mean shit.

2/3 of all our gun deaths are suicides. An additional 80% of non-suicide gun deaths are gang related. Obviously the guns are not our problem. When people want to rob, they rob. When people want to kill, they kill.

Yesterday somebody was stabbed and robbed in front of my house on our quiet, peaceful block. It was the first incident here in decades. The robber would go to any means to carry out his task, gun or not. The victims blood is still on the sidewalk and there are more knives than people.

22 hours ago, Interfearance said:

It sounds obvious to me, but there are really some people who think the US is a brimming pot full of trigger happy compatriots. Obviously the democrats are not much better and they don't even know the first thing about guns, trying to cut down on violence by banning a single AR platform rifle.

I mean

(I swear it simply came up I didn’t look it up, just posing for the lols)

Edited by blackdog

• 2 weeks later...

So why not just look at some non-random ass crime level stats? It's easy, thanks to this new-fangled gizmotron they call the World Wide Cyber-Highway.

The UK's ONS (Office For National Statistics) reports 726 homicides in the year ending March 2018. That works out at 12 offences per million population.

Whilst in the US, the FBI estimate 16,214 in 2018. That's about 50 offences per million population. Both websites provide a similar enough definition of Homicide to make them a useful comparison.

Blackdog's video above was a bit of fun and I'm sure that household is exceptional, but the person who bought those automatic rifles definitely has very unhealthy fantasies about unloading a shit-ton of bullets in to an intruder some day, and I don't think that particular mind-set is as exceptional as it should be.