Sign in to follow this  
blackdog

The Batman (Robert Pattinson)

Thought a topic was opened after it was made official that Robert Pattinson would be playing the Caped Crusader… months back.

Today a first camera test has been released with a first look at the new Batsuit

can’t see shit captain but whatevs

Not sure how many times there gonna remake batman but gotta admit it does look good and would be brilliant if this also carryed on from the new joker movie esq/style which i felt really humanised & gave a good perspective to how this crazed villian came to be.
1 thought i do have .. are we now setting gotham and the batman world in england^^

3 hours ago, +Rusty+ said:

Not sure how many times there gonna remake batman but gotta admit it does look good and would be brilliant if this also carryed on from the new joker movie esq/style which i felt really humanised & gave a good perspective to how this crazed villian came to be.
1 thought i do have .. are we now setting gotham and the batman world in england^^

We are likely to see Batman remade over and over… considering the multi-verse and that the character keeps getting revised in the many stand-alone stories that are actually the interesting ones, compared to whatever they are doing in the main comics storyline.

After Joker many asked about crossing the two movies over but as it stands that shouldn’t happen, just as they said they wouldn’t do Joker sequels. If you ask me, I’d rather have directors be their own bosses and free rein in their own mini-universes. What I mean is that if Todd Phillip’s Joker has to meet Batman, I’d rather have it happen under Todd’s total control so to keep things cohesive, instead of jamming things together and have noticeable tonal differences (the existing abortion that is the DCEU we got thanks to Zack Snyder).

Can you imagine Keaton coming back to reprise his role? There are rumours he’ll be the Batman in the upcoming Flash movie, with the excuse they are doing Flashpoint (the main time travel story). Also I’ve seen a couple titles that Ben Afflek is actually returning in the new Justice League film, but I haven’t checked.

We keep seeing batman and spiderman films because if they dont use the license they lose it. So pump out those films fam those dumb nerds will keep watching $$$$ :v 

Trailer looked cool tho. I got no probs with good batman films

On 8/24/2020 at 1:28 PM, dux said:

We keep seeing batman and spiderman films because if they dont use the license they lose it. So pump out those films fam those dumb nerds will keep watching $$$$ :v 

Trailer looked cool tho. I got no probs with good batman films

I was a bit underwhelmed by the trailer, but I have hopes since it's dark, feels grounded like Nolan's, overall has a different feeling that the usual blockbuster.
That being said, after much internal conflict at the beginning, I feel Afflek's Batman looked the best, the suit was my favourite (until they used the stupid goggles in JL) and he somewhat resembles what they have in the comics and animated series/movies.

DC is a subsidiary of WB though, so licensing shouldn't be the problem... I think it's just the superhero craze and they want to milk it as they let Marvel/Disney run with it.
It is baffling how badly they've done, seems so easy when you have such characters, but afterall even with Batman alone it's historically been very hit and miss, more than half the films produced are bad, really.

In the lead up to the movie it might be interesting to watch Nolan's trilogy behind the scenes. WB just posted it a few days ago and came up on my YT last night, so I haven't watched it and not sure if is just a mash up of the videos from the original disc releases... I only bought The Dark Knight so I wouldn't know :D