Mapcore

[CS:GO] Exotic Places Contest TOP 10 FINALISTS

I ran through graveyard and it is visually pleasing. The gameplay seems not made for competitive play but for casual just for fun 5v5. The contest is not about creating the best competitive map but to create an original map. About the polish, besides a few minor things I did not noticed any drastical bugs or things that could not easily fixed. It was just a quick run through but it should have a good score. Enough to be in the top 10 11?

I don't know. But what I know is that we have not one but three judges. This should make it save to decide which maps are valid for the top 10. I guess if you would replace those three judges the ratings would not vary much. In theory it should not vary much as long as the judges take their duty serious. This time they will publish the ratings so this should be given.

Besided that, beeing a judge is not an easy task. Especially for a mapping contest. It is almost impossible to give every map the score it deserves in such a short time. The ratingsystem had to be improved and it would need more people to test the maps for a longer period of time. We all could see the rating system, the number of judges and the judging period. By participating we all agreed to this.

Instead of complaining about the score you should be thankfull for the effort and time they spend to make this contest possible. So, thank you FMPONE, Puddy and TopHattWaffle for your efforts! smileD.png.fcf576412be2d6efb033f63368c8c0d8.png

Edited by Ringel

16 hours ago, Guest Tynnyri said:

I just find it interesting how backwards that thinking is. Instead of wanting the map with the best overall polish to win, you seem to be more interested in wanting me to accept a map with unfinished assets to get the spot over pretty unique maps that get honorable mentions instead.

I share the points of all the above posts in reply, Oliver in particular expanded on what I meant in my post.

You’re complaining as if the map had won the contest. The competition is still very much open.

Its also been said the scores are gonna be shared so I say hold your horses before riding off against the windmills.

If I knew it would be this upsetting I would have made 2-3 more maps - thought Graveyard was a pretty modest submission, although completely different,
Every since the introduction of Flying Scoutsman I've been wanting to piggyback of those mechanics, I really want to test a defuse map in low gravity, would it be competitive? Who knows. Would it be fun? Who knows. 
Been a few super cool outside-the-box concepts that didn't make it all the way, like that space station and underwater map,

I've really enjoyed the theme and premise of this competition, hopefully it wont be the last! Would be cool to have a dz contest

25 minutes ago, mr.P said:

If I knew it would be this upsetting I would have made 2-3 more maps - thought Graveyard was a pretty modest submission, although completely different,
Every since the introduction of Flying Scoutsman I've been wanting to piggyback of those mechanics, I really want to test a defuse map in low gravity, would it be competitive? Who knows. Would it be fun? Who knows. 
Been a few super cool outside-the-box concepts that didn't make it all the way, like that space station and underwater map,

I've really enjoyed the theme and premise of this competition, hopefully it wont be the last! Would be cool to have a dz contest

Graveyard is wild but rough around the edges, clipping passes etc needed at least. I guess people were expecting 'very safe but polished' to win out against that?

fuck it man, you do you eh? If the judges see value in what you're doing that's all that matters right now, you have a month to change the doubters minds :)

I’m guessing it now:
1st. Anubis
2nd. Swamp
3rd. Mustang
The fourth one is anyone’s bet out of this breathtaking top eleven.

As for my personal hopes:
1st. Anubis
2nd. Swamp
3rd. Mustang
4th. Mocha
5th. Ivory

Good luck to you all!

Edited by Wintrius

5 hours ago, mtchromatic said:

If the 100-point criteria was used on all maps, will that be publicly released?

Basalt is very nice.

Judges have the greenlight to release them, so I hope they will do it.

On 2/10/2020 at 11:35 PM, FMPONE said:

As for scores, each judge has the full greenlight to release their own scores after the Contest. We feel that is a good balance between transparency and people bickering about the results.

Sadly only after the contest has finished.

Edited by Ringel

On 2/12/2020 at 8:53 PM, Wintrius said:

I’m guessing it now:
1st. Anubis
2nd. Swamp
3rd. Mustang
The fourth one is anyone’s bet out of this breathtaking top eleven.

As for my personal hopes:
1st. Anubis
2nd. Swamp
3rd. Mustang
4th. Mocha
5th. Ivory

Good luck to you all!

you missed 1st Chlorine twice :hurg::hurg: