Sign in to follow this  
nmwoipefcmwecw

Kv file not working

23 hours ago, Vaya said:

this works for me - https://kvfilegen.appspot.com/

if you have issues you should explain what they are...

It simple does not for me, i used this website too for years, it was working back then, after that i took a short break in the game and since ever i cameback kv files does not work for me anymore, i do the same process tho, name the kv file exactly like the actual map " de_cache " for example, then i place it next to the other de_cache files within the csgo/map folder, yet the models arent changing

31 minutes ago, Vaya said:

so is it your own map? can you give your BSP name and your kv file? help me help you

It is not my own map actually, it's a workshop map that i'd like to record something in it, the map is called " de_laferte " i go on the website that generates kv file, choose the models i would like to have and make sure the kv file has the name of the map before generating it, then once i've the kv file i place it along the " de_laferte.bsp " file, it was working just fine a few years ago but now i cannot make it to work, there has been a few updates in between so idk if something changed..

I took some screenshots of where the kv files is and the content of the kv file.

https://prnt.sc/qzrae1

https://prnt.sc/qzrahb

the workshop map propably has it own kv file allready in place. You are generating a kv with the same filename as the other. In that case the game just picks the first one (the one packed into the bsp). A possible workaround could be to change the filename of the bsp and your kv file accordingly.

On 2/9/2020 at 10:32 PM, esspho said:

the workshop map propably has it own kv file allready in place. You are generating a kv with the same filename as the other. In that case the game just picks the first one (the one packed into the bsp). A possible workaround could be to change the filename of the bsp and your kv file accordingly.

I tried doing it your way but i cannot launch the map if renaming it

2 hours ago, esspho said:

Do you get an error message?

I did not, when i try to rename the map and launch it the map went back to his original name in order to load, however i think this is something else than the map having his own kv file in place like you mentioned, i tried literally every map and workshop map i have and none of them work with a kv file, also i already changed the models of that map back then (the map is called de_laferte) it worked back then just by adding a kv file next to the bsp file but it does not anymore for me, i don't know if something changed in the 1 year period i took a break

I've tried it and it works like this:

- copy de_laferte.bsp from  csgo/maps/workshop/738146050     to     csgo/maps

- create your de_laferte.kv in csgo/maps

- load the map via console (the new one, not the workshop version)

17 hours ago, esspho said:

I've tried it and it works like this:

- copy de_laferte.bsp from  csgo/maps/workshop/738146050     to     csgo/maps

- create your de_laferte.kv in csgo/maps

- load the map via console (the new one, not the workshop version)

Dude omg yeees, it worked thank so much! i've been trying to make it work for the past 2 weeks, im so grateful thank u so muuch