Ringel

Norte | 3 Bombsites Map

i don't say this because hey lets just randomly delete stuff from an already beautiful level...This map just has ALOT and im not talking about the 3 bombspots that is what actually peaked my interest.

DoXBZ9K.png

Its original in a good way but having it expand in the woods render like 70% of the map useless for Ct's to look around or discover because yes that is cool to do in maybe deathmatch or something but because this map only got, well you know 3 bombspots so in that regard it feels like excessive to double down on the Nuke-Style running distances for Terrorists.

image.png.871f71f431ac68ebaf2844e3e4ab56f6.png

i warped the picture to make more reasonable distance to bomb spots lol but this is hard to write or illustrate. i applaud you and truly want this to work out by adding the best most beautiful bits to improve where cts already gonna be & where terrorists want to find themselves. The rocky parts blends together ingame a bit maybe reduce nooks & crannies & extra turns that takes you essentially to the same 3 sites in the end. Possibly widthen paths on the simpler version with those things you already made in the additional routes.

Edited by RadimaX

Thanks for your feedback.

Currently I wait for feedback from one person and then I do the last planed update. I am open to develope a simpler version. I guess I will need up to two weeks. Maybe I team up with someone for this.

I made a minor update to Norte a few minutes ago.

Update changes:

- added Wingman
- custom playermodel improvements // The head got a horizontal line for better visibility and the trousers are brighter.
- disabled wind for better grenade lineups
- I found and removed two pixelwalks
- reduced max shadow distance
- a few minor things

This map is your baby & that's why sudden or extreme change seems crazy but theres recurring rocks everywhere especially a cluster outside of B, what if inside of the map was a little less "random" with the theme towards outskirts of map

norte.png

Edited by RadimaX

4 hours ago, RadimaX said:

This map is your baby & that's why sudden or extreme change seems crazy but theres recurring rocks everywhere especially a cluster outside of B, what if inside of the map was a little less "random" with theme towards outskirts (pardon this bad example again i just pasted some parts in to fill the void in the sky) still messy near the stairs but im sure you think of something better for cover.

Nah, I would not say it is my baby. Sure, at first it felt a bit odd even though I am open to changes. It just takes a while to think about all those changes that has to be done after removing those two paths. And currently I still feel exhausted. Which made me think I can't do this right now. I had to push me for the project all the time because I just do things without beeing motivated. I also pushed myself more than once to go beyond my limits. But I got this!

Yes, I got what you mean. I only used two different rock models for those outer parts. I now got one more rock texture to create displacements for more variaty. Something I wanted to do earlier but at some point I didn't care anymore about this and thus haven't done it.

Your illustration is nice, I like it! It helps. Thanks for your input and invested time!smileD.png.f6661023171d8a0ecb64bc1fca311415.png You seem experienced.

Edited by Ringel

nice to keep theme going with houses thats what i like the most about this map
I Only done call of duty zombies mapping for a while but recently looking into cs:go there is so much potential here but seems a small thing can make or break a map even at this level of accomplished.

image.png

Edited by RadimaX

6 hours ago, RadimaX said:

nice to keep theme going with houses thats what i like the most about this map
image.png.ebfeeca12c562c1db6564d515c8f815d.png
I Only done call of duty zombies mapping for a while but recently looking into cs:go there is so much potential here but seems a small thing can make or break a map even at this level of accomplished.

Yeah, thats true, small things can make a huge difference. Oh wow, this arch would need a custom model to look right. I don't really like to create custom models that much. Because the UV creation and texturing part is not mine. Also the collision model creation. I only created the cross you can find on the lighthouse and I changed the height of the valve grass models inside blender. I can do such small things but that rockformation. Sure, I could learn how to do this. But I would rather work with someone together with more experience in that field who creates such greater models with better quality. Are you into modeling?

I already made an arch out of displacements for cs_tori. It works, but it would look better as model.

cs_tori_displ.jpg.93f6c7f81e55b0ba4bdc1a450e1547eb.jpg

I like your idea.smileD.png.511e2034d8b772c1ea281958f9c9273e.png

Edited by Ringel

59 minutes ago, RadimaX said:

https://imgsli.com/MTI1Nzg

I made a slider so there is nothing that needs to be deleted but possibly just added, maybe move that tree more to the right or move down rocks a bit to not cast as much shadows that way.

Confused right now. Is your feedback for the current or the simplified version?

to try spare from doing big change, im trying to figure out a way to scatter small changes around to make it feel like variation to some rocky parts around T-side of map or improve paths for less repetitivity. That way maybe there wont be any need for any other versions or drastical measures :P maybe best thing is just take a massive loooooong break and just not think of any of this lol

Edited by RadimaX

17 minutes ago, RadimaX said:

to try spare from doing big change, im trying to figure out a way to scatter small changes around to make it feel like variation to some rocky parts around T-side of map or improve paths for less repetitivity. That way maybe there wont be any need for any other versions or drastical measures :P maybe best thing is just take a massive loooooong break and just not think of any of this lol

I already work on it. I try to make it look less repetitive. I will release a wip version only visible for friends tomorrow. You can add me on steam.

omg i cant wait in that case! i needed like atleast a month off after making anything last time, but you are just on a GRIND right now! :)  
(i saw you on SDK did not wanna interrupt any progress on the map by typing & it turned out looking amazing as seen below!)

Edited by RadimaX

New Update: WHO DARES WINS

"Who dares wins" is the slogan of the SAS. With this update I implemented my custom SAS Skin.

?imw=637&imh=358&ima=fit&impolicy=Letter?imw=637&imh=358&ima=fit&impolicy=Letter

Gameplaychanges were made at Bombsite B

de_norte_1_s.jpg.045c1ff1a17c83ba6c3dc50cedca04c4.jpg

?imw=637&imh=358&ima=fit&impolicy=Letter

at Alley

de_norte_29_small.jpg.86e7a3796bfbe9a6fa9388fc28447887.jpg

at Banana

de_norte_30_s.jpg.17683b24ac17b584345525eb6060070b.jpg

and Dirt Road.

Visuall improvements were made all around the map.

Steam Workshop Link: Norte | 3 Bombsites

Project started: 9th of January 2020 ; Days worked on this project: 37

Edit: Again an update. Changenotes:

Spoiler

- "improved" horse collision model
- improved nav_mesh
- I added a few more details
- the overview needed one tiny fix
- there was a gap in the floor at the tent on Bombsite B => fixed
- I disabled the collision of the wead clover
- a few other small thing

de_norte.jpg

de_norte_28s.jpg

Edited by Ringel

New Update 9th March 2020

Project started: 9th of January 2020 ; Days worked on this project: 41

After two months of development I come to an end with this project (as long as I don't receive feedback).

de_norte.jpg.129ea0a3c92e252fb5bf69cafe2188d6.jpg

de_norte_28s.jpg.87c1f5fab71f54753fb577e33cd02032.jpg

de_norte_radar_overview.jpg.758619199bcba6deee57a3a02aff7d28.jpg

Changenote:

- changed the crates at bombsite A
- changed the rock wall at T main
- a few visual improvements
- fade out fixes

Edited by Ringel

New Update  02. April 2020

I decided to give it more custom assets. It has 50 now. A bunch of new foliage models were added.

There is also an important gameplay change at middle. I removed the stones so you can no longer go from "lower mid" to "mid". Connector has also received changes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently I work on a new Wingman map and I am in search for two more people to join the project.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2033886191