Ringel

Norte | 3 Bombsites Map

10 hours ago, Interfearance said:

Simplicity goes a long way. Something korean mobile games have not yet grasped.

Maybe you didn't grasped that the world is a huge place with all kind of people. Some like simplicity and some not. Guess what, korean games are very popular in asia. Europe, North America and Asia are different. My maps are more liked by asiens, that is what I noticed.

For the most people is math and other logic stuff hard. For some like me it is kind of natural and easy. People like me don't want easy peasy maps like dust 2. We want more challenge / complex maps like I create.

So, I just got another target group than you.

Edited by Ringel

38 minutes ago, Ringel said:

Maybe you didn't grasped that the world is a huge place with all kind of people. Some like simplicity and some not. Guess what, korean games are very popular in asia. Europe, North America and Asia are different. My maps are more liked by asiens, that is what I noticed.

For the most people is math and other logic stuff hard. For some like me it is kind of natural and easy. People like me don't want easy peasy maps like dust 2. We want more challenge maps like I create.

So, I just got another target group than you.

if you are trying to make a CSGO map for the wider community simplicity is key.

18 hours ago, Vaya said:

if you are trying to make a CSGO map for the wider community simplicity is key.

I don't try that. (Edit: I just do my thing.) And situations can change. Especially if csgo manages to get popular in asia. But in order to get really popular there, they could need more diverse / complex maps.

Edit: Oh, and de_norte is still simple for me. But much more interesting. For some people math is complex for some it is simple. For some dust 2 is complex enough and interesting for some it is too simple and boring. It is still a great map, even for people like me but only at the beginning. It became boring very fast.

Edited by Ringel

Wow the visuals are very strong in this one, congrats!

I like the look, from the overview seems a big map, which might only work for certain game modes. Think you should consider expanding this for a Danger Zone map!

On 2/13/2020 at 2:00 PM, blackdog said:

Wow the visuals are very strong in this one, congrats!

I like the look, from the overview seems a big map, which might only work for certain game modes. Think you should consider expanding this for a Danger Zone map!

Thanks. ^^

That is a great idea. I got to think about that.

Edit: Update coming soon with a new phoenix playermodelskin:

360D06601C2C85128119E10550DDDA1507AF6098

Edited by Ringel

New Update

Steam Workshop Link: de_norte

?imw=637&imh=358&ima=fit&impolicy=Letter

?imw=637&imh=358&ima=fit&impolicy=Letter

Changenotes:

- I made a new skin for the phoenix playermodel to slightly improve the visibility.
- New texture for the ornate lantern.
- I lowered the height of the grass model by 50%.
- a few places got lit up
- covered two more rock models with displacements because they were too dark and could not lit up properly
- I changed the colour of the wooden poles.
- I found two spots where you could not collect the bomb anymore => fixed
- A few props still had a too low fade scale and vanished too early. => fixed
- rotated the rock at connector
- and some minor changes

Edit:

Next update improves the custom phoenix skin I made.
The worst visible part of the origin skin was the head and the trousers. I could improve the trousers immensly. But I strougled with the head. After hours of experiment around I now found a pleasing way to improve the visibility of the head.

But because of the lack of feedback not much other changes are currently made.

Edited by Ringel

16 minutes ago, judas said:

Hey love the map, where did you get those rock models from? are they in hammer from fresh install? peace! keep up the good work

All rock models I used come with the csgo sdk. You don't need to reinstall it. But I edited the textures of rock_wall_4 and rock_wall_5.

Edit: I can send you the edited models if you want. Just give me your mail via pm.

Edited by Ringel

I believe your map is excelent for large public servers of more than 10v10 players. Those are in my opinion the most fun places in cs and I hope you are aiming for that niche with your map. Don't listen to people here, you made something really impressive, congratz.

28 minutes ago, tasingo said:

I believe your map is excelent for large public servers of more than 10v10 players. Those are in my opinion the most fun places in cs and I hope you are aiming for that niche with your map. Don't listen to people here, you made something really impressive, congratz.

Thank you! smileD.png.97be396b51e8f7d6f6a464606d6672d5.png

Well, I did not aim for more than 10v10 but it should be fun for 10v10 too. I still got 32 spawns so 16v16 is still possible on my map. And I was thinking to create my next map for 10v10. Because csgo has a 10v10 casual mode but no map especially made for it.

9 hours ago, RadimaX said:

Just felt like this could simplify it overall & make things more straight forward, you could incorporate essential things from the removed part in the smaller map:

I could release a second simplified version after I finished this one. For all traditional csgo players who want a more static CT and overall less variance play. Then I got two versions. One challenging map for people who want to learn and adapt to something new and one for traditional players.

Edit: The most challenging about my map is, that you have to look at it with an open mind. You not only have to rethink your use of smokes and molotovs you also have to think about everything else you do. If you apply the traditional playstyle you learned this map will not work very well for you.

This contest was made for original maps.

On 5/15/2019 at 8:06 PM, FMPONE said:

for original 5v5 bomb defusal maps AND hostage-rescue maps

Original means: "created directly and personally by a particular artist; not a copy or imitation."

In my opinion I achieved this but it looks like my map is too original. I guess too many csgo players got old and are too traditional. By old I don't mean the age, I mean they became old because they learned something and as soon as they believe they know how it works they stopped beeing open and stopped learning and accepting new things.

Edited by Ringel