Sign in to follow this  
zastels

Suggestion for a HL Mod's forum section

Due to Mapcore being one of the very last forums that I still use, I was thinking of maybe how we could improve categories. The reason for this is because Source 2 modding is on the way for Alyx, and I think a lot of new activity will come here. I really want Mapcore to be a main hub for mapping related things on the internet, because it has stood the test of time, and places like Interlopers and Facepunch, ect, for one reason or another they did not survive the test of time. 

My suggestion is that under the 3D section, we have a place to discuss HL mods of all types. I don't like how the 3D section is very open to all forms of discussions because I'm not actually interested in gaming related things outside of the Valve SDK. 

The simplest way to attract the most amount of people to Mapcore is to have the best tutorials available for Source 2 in my opinion. Also the tutorial section of the website could be set up differently. We should try to avoid past mistakes of having huge swaths of educational content simply being deleted over time. Having a tutorial section for Goldsrc, Source, UE4, ect, makes more sense to me. Furthermore, each tutorial should have all it's example files, images, videos, ect, archived and stored as a backup. 

Thanks for the recommendation. We've also seen an explosion of CS:GO mapping recently. I agree that coming april things will change for sure.

We'll take this into consideration and we'll talk about it among ourselves, thanks zastels

I would agree that “3D” always felt a bit too wide concept for me, maybe Creative should be split in: mapping/level design, 3D (modelling), 2d (leave it).

Not sure what kind of support the forum has for tags because I’d keep it a bit more general as above and then tag so that you can search HL2 and find the topics marked like that.

Edited by blackdog