Ringel

[CSGO] cs_tori (rerelease and big update)

cs_tori      

Workshoplink: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1918081512

cs_toris.jpg.de65d27983c7ca4e6313b69d7e4e8c3b.jpg

cs_tori_overview.jpg.b86c875dd754bb8d935e47f029309dd9.jpg
More screenshots:

Spoiler

cs_tori_1s.jpg.55a5628b36a60eeacb48b6eccf9cd0de.jpg

cs_tori_2s.jpg.eed86d843876d083497f043fb6fc09c2.jpg

cs_tori_3s.jpg.570849fe69074227b48dbb113ab4c3d4.jpg

cs_tori_4s.jpg.4de70f11e37c4022f0b728f70a05772e.jpg

cs_tori_9s.jpg.a180edd73782740da27119e27e41c1fd.jpg

cs_tori_5s.jpg.bf94dfe19fcd0fbf9730a09f00d4a465.jpg

cs_tori_6s.jpg.512e8e66e6c8203794a3b49ef00b1525.jpg

cs_tori_7s.jpg.7236be74f12662fd16943f0fa88ec1e9.jpg

hi :D

I decided to bring back my maps. They got deleted with my steamaccount, whoopsi..

Now cs_tori is back and I made a big update as well. I ran through the map and whow I saw so many things that had to be improved. So, I could not resist and started to hammer this world again. :D

The most noticeable changes are the improved skybox, less bloom, the "new" ambient sound (the same but without this constant annoying sound) and the new textures. I tried to remove distracting props and adjust the fade out values for no annoying popup effects. Overall I made a few hundreds adjustments... most of them are minor detail.

It still needs at least one more update, because the edge of some shadows were messed up with this compile and because of a few other things. In spite of that I uploaded the map because something is wrong with my pc. The last compile needed almost 10 hours instead of 6,5 hours. I removed stuff from the map so it had to be less than 6,5 hours...  It also got frozen during one compile before. I don't know wheter my pc can handle another compile or not. We will see.

Besides the few messed up shadow I am very happy with this update and I hope you like it! :D

Edited by Ringel

2 hours ago, Tynnyri said:

Huh. 6 and 10 hours? That doesn't sound right. Do you have a computer made out of composted potatoes or did you do something wrong?

The whole compile took me 2.5 hours in the past until it crashed all the time while compiling. So I had to reduce the used threads to prevent crashing and it went up to 6.5 - 7 hours. Now it only crashed again one time and after this the compile took 10 hours.

32 minutes ago, Radix said:

When the compile process takes (too) long, in most cases it's the VIS. Even slight changes can prolong the compile time a lot.

Oh ok. I made the level smaller before my last compile by enclosing it more tight. And the VIS really took much longer almost 6 hours. It took 2.5 hours before.

Edit: Oh I got an i5-3750K @ 3.4GHz

Edited by Ringel

31 minutes ago, Tynnyri said:

Also don't use that yellow tint on a hostage maps, it's difficult to see the hostage spawns in radar.

Oh ok, while walking around the green hostage sign got the same color around it.

radar.jpg.be4b05e66a474bffc257a3e45e82fd62.jpgradar2.jpg.1b4decfd431369751398314f721143a5.jpgradar3.jpg.7d48f27c73b46aa41d84248fec30b15a.jpgradar4.jpg.65870a062d3854c9271256f385c0e7e6.jpg

The hostages spawns every time at the same place. After collect one you go to the blue area but you also walk under the yellow parts. Hm, yeah better change the color. Thanks. ^^

Edit:

32 minutes ago, Tynnyri said:

What does tori mean?

It means Bird. My first layout drawing of the map looked like a bird. :D

Here it is from the 26.08.2017:

tori_layout_drawing.JPG.ba87471ca2a532b95da2fc0012f3b312.JPG

Edited by Ringel

Oh what I forgot to say, I had to use a decompiled version of cs_tori in hammer. I guess it has also a longer compile time becaue of this? Decompiling ruins a few things. I had to remade a few things because of that.

2 minutes ago, Ringel said:

Oh what I forgot to say, I had to use a decompiled version of cs_tori in hammer. I guess it has also a longer compile time becaue of this? Decompiling ruins a few things. I had to remade a few things because of that.

yes.you should always try avoid recompiling decompiled stuff but I guess in your case needs must.

I wrote a bigger post but mapcore threw me out of my account and I lost the whole post.

I'm just gonna TL;DR it.

Take all of this with a barrel of salt. My radar fixes are just a brainstorm and could easily be not the best solution the the problems in the map.

Your map is awesome. Every corner is thought out and so well crafted.

You should name hostages 1 and 2 or A and B. They're basically bombsites on your map.

Map looks awesome but should be wider in most areas. Feels claustrophobic.

You're using a paid model (FBI girl) in your default CT skins. Don't.

The rescue zone can be rushed as a terrorist near the Hostage A. There is no quick route for CTs to get to that area to defend this rush.

The timings on Hostage A are too CT-sided, while too T sided on Hostage B.

Area around the rescue zone is overly complicated. Defending and attacking it is game of luck; there's so many entrances and hiding spots. Make it simpler.BestHostageMap.gif.cdf4ff807a3eeb5b3641c94e7c29ca47.gif

Edited by Tynnyri

1 hour ago, Tynnyri said:

Your map is awesome. Every corner is thought out and so well crafted.

You should name hostages 1 and 2 or A and B. They're basically bombsites on your map.

Thank you! :D I thought about that as well.

You're using a paid model (FBI girl) in your default CT skins. Don't.

I used a paid model? I used this:

FBI		"models/weapons/ct_arms_fbi.mdl"
	{
		"ctm_fbi"""
		"ctm_fbi_variantA"""
		"ctm_fbi_variantB"""
		"ctm_fbi_variantC"""
		"ctm_fbi_variantD"""

copied from: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Choosing_Player_Models

The rescue zone can be rushed as a terrorist near the Hostage A. There is no quick route for CTs to get to that area to defend this rush.

The CTs can be at gap from the bridge and look at the way down in about 9 seconds before the Ts arive there. The Ts can rush there in 11 sec and in 10 sec to the bridge. It is not perfect I know.

I always thought about wheter it would be better to change the gap at the bridge to a path down or not. Maybe a one-way-drop. What do you think?

bridge.jpg.dc682fc17293b9528a6974a718f0d468.jpg

Yes, I already changed the color of the minimap. :D

The timings on Hostage A are too CT-sided, while too T sided on Hostage B.

Hmm maybe. But it should be more secure for the CTs to go from B to the rescue point than from A to the rescue point. At least that is what I thought.

Area around the rescue zone is overly complicated. Defending and attacking it is game of luck; there's so many entrances and hiding spots. Make it simpler.BestHostageMap.gif.cdf4ff807a3eeb5b3641c94e7c29ca47.gif

I really have to think about that. ^^ All I can say is that I always had the concern that the rescue zone could be too casual like for most players. And I was not sure about this area:

hostage.jpg.892cc937bf0df9ff764c0595a0bceb58.jpg

This is what I could think of right now:

hostage2.jpg.843f900e5dc1b3d025ab9cb92240852a.jpg

1: Make it not climbable.

2: Close the middle entrance. Edit: Oh and also make the rock columns beside not climbable.

I guess that would be a good start.

Thanks for the feedback and the time taken! :D

Edited by Ringel

1 hour ago, Ringel said:

Hmm maybe. But it should be more secure for the CTs to go from B to the rescue point than from A to the rescue point. At least that is what I thought.

The CT spawn change was because it's important to make timings between A and B closer to each other; CTs can take the hostage on A before the T players have met up with CT players at B. Its pretty weird.

Also I know of the two windows to see rushing Ts but Ts can easily just throw a smoke in front of themselves and run through it, making the windows useless.

Adding a connection to rescue zone would make CTs have 6 entrances around the map. That means you have to cut out something. I cut out the route to mid in my example because in my opinion the path up from the rescue zone serves the same purpose.

1 hour ago, Ringel said:

This is wat I could think of right now:

hostage2.jpg.843f900e5dc1b3d025ab9cb92240852a.jpg

Anything that simplifies it. There is no need for so many paths into the car, currently it feels quite gimmicky with the amount of routes and hiding spots. I feel like this rescue zone should play more like a bombsite, that'd be more engaging.

Nonetheless, great ideas. I know you can figure this out.

Also that FBI model? I had the FBI girl for some reason when I played it. Was that a bug on my side? Weird.

Edited by Tynnyri