The cliffside house. Long abandoned. How did the police find about it?

Boys, you take the boat and... remove some of the evidence.

A bit more unique layout this time. 

Middle is a thin cliffside between the house and the sea, easy to control but open to grenades.

A site is within indoors, albeit with paper-thin walls. Includes two bombsites, one on lower and one on upper floor. Easier the spot is to reach, the easier that spot is to defuse in.

B site is a small boathouse, windows and doors of which are easy to snipe across most of the map, but taking a step inside will reveal a spam of bullets and grenades. Windows of this boathouse create interesting lines of sight from unsuspecting angles. Getting past the windows might require you to take a detour around the seemingly useless doorways next to the main entrance.

Currently suffers from visual bugs and unfair boost angles. These are mostly fixed in the current development version, but please tell me if you find any.

Workshop link:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1825332431

20200115212250_1.jpg

20200115212850_1.jpg

20200115212627_1.jpg

Edited by Tynnyri
Updated screenshots, fixed description x2 removed too many enters

3 hours ago, Tynnyri said:

Also the bots don't know how to jump and crouch through the windows and get stuck. If anyone knows how to fix that I'd appreciate it.

Maybe I am a bot, but I find having to crouchjump through these windows to navigate too frustrating, I would definitely like if the windows were made taller or gotten rid of entirely, replaced with doors.
Also that ladder on the side of the cliff seems buggy on the way down, I wish it was as smooth as the ones on train...

Overall I like the map, feels like a HL2 throwback to me, to the point I was expecting an antlion or headcrab to pop out at any moment!

Not much changed layout wise, small corners and wallbang spots fixed, more detail all around the map and then this monstrosity of a view from A site. Also got a small Easter egg placed on it while I'm at it.

CT spawn also got reworked. Gotta work on everything looking a bit better and more optimized and flesh out T spawn and then I'm more comfortable to go live with the update. Unlike this map, I hope your Christmas won't be filled with green summer days. or with police raids.
image.png.aea95a58d5f75f93a9ade4e9cc299230.png

That ladder looks really dangerous to go up because they see you before you can completely get off at the top.

Otherwise, it is really nice to see a different layout for once. That being said, I think the map could use some more flare to stand out like a beached tanker or some other interesting landmarks.

9 hours ago, Interfearance said:

I think the map could use some more flare to stand out like a beached tanker or some other interesting landmarks.

Not sure about tankers, but yeah I have to add more flair around the map. Sand with a buyzone and sand with a bombsite isn't that memorable.

Didn't get to actually check in-game, but just looking at the radar I can tell you there's a huge sightline issue on the beach. I would recommend you try to break it up by introducing 2 chokepoints for each team, which can also play along the theme: containers, washed up ships etc or at least have some islands of cover to give the teams some play options

Although, if you're going for a more casual map, which looks like you are, it should be less important.

Radar.PNG.0fe93753f1d2d70f1389d6fcc3ade9bf.jpg.f0c068044fd4f4a976ab45a7df57961b.jpg

Edited by Radu

1 hour ago, Radu said:

Didn't get to actually check in-game, but just looking at the radar I can tell you there's a huge sightline issue on the beach. I would recommend you try to break it up by introducing 2 chokepoints for each team, which can also play along the theme: containers, washed up ships etc or at least have some islands of cover to give the teams some play options

Not really a concern when you see the map for yourself. It's not a useful sightline and I would have to heavily change the lore of the map if I'd add containers or washed-up ships.

I had a look around and played a few rounds. I am going, to be honest, the map has some pretty fundamental issues.

The layout is pretty basic but messy. Areas don't flow together very well and rotations are near impossible. At first, I thought I was missing a route and that it couldn't possibly be that bad but I couldn't find another one. The scaling seems off as noted previously by @Radu; the beach sightlines are massive but in general, the map is quite small. It also suffers from a common mistake of newer and less experienced mappers like yourself of an abundance of props used as cover where geometry would be more appropriate for gameplay. This can and has in your case lead to less defined pathing and a lack of significant negative space. I would highly recommend reading Exodus's article on CS level design for further guidance. Another issue which is amplifying the sightlines issue, in my opinion, is the height variation. The map is split into a higher and lower ground but the cliff tops and house are mostly one flat plane. This results in rather dull duels as you barely have to move your mouse vertically at all except in one or two spots where you have to look straight up or down.

While the detailing is clearly not finished and is still very rough, the visibility is already a concern. The map's lighting and fog are rather murky and doesn't make the map particularly welcoming. You mentioned the lore above and I would love to hear more about the background to the map as I found the mix of residential and commercial structures confusing. These issues are not that important though compared to the major layout flaws.

I would consider going back to the drawing board and greybox before investing much more time into this layout in its current state. If the engagements are more frustrating than fun it's going to be hard to draw players back for a second game.

Edited by Quotingmc

Big  update time! Finalizing layout with small improvements to the timings, tightening chokepoints, optimization, detailing and bugfixing.

The version number jumped a lot in a single update. Here's all the changes accumulated into a one patchnote:

Gameplay changes:

-A site now has two plant zones, upper and lower. You can plant on either floor. This brings a stop the strategy of camping A backyard and waiting for planting sounds. Lower floor stairs now prevent wallbanging properly.

-Made the sand at CT-side of long B beach higher in attempt to remove graphical bugs and improve gameplay. CT side of this area has also been shrunk to remove unnecessary space.

-CT Spawn truck moved back to remove a gap in it. CT spawn wooden stairs have been moved back let you fight the headshot position longer in order to compensate.

-A backyard and T entry to A frontyard are easier to smoke by being slightly slimmer.

-T spawn moved back slightly.

-CT drop to mid has been blocked off.

-Added white paint into the blue room and blocked off the middle window to help with visibility.

Misc changes:

-Changed playermodels

-Removed T spawn boost to look over to A frontyard by thinning out T spawn.

-Remade the red barn at A frontyard. Smoking A frontyard as CT is now easier. Windows in barn are still breakable with explosives.

-Added more foliage and implemented foliage lighting fixes on the vista at A frontyard.

-A Backyard to mid area is thinner, making it easier to smoke.

-Added grenade clips to the net alongside long B beach.

-Attempted to make crouching below the long B beach wood cover more consistant. Added a wooden plank in it for cover

-A lot of small prop and lighting changes everywhere in the map; more detail.

-Added wind

-Added occluders and areaportals to open areas (optimization)

-Fixed the goofy sand in A site.

20200115212125_1.jpg

20200115212627_1.jpg

20200115212850_1.jpg

de_throttle10_radar.png

Edited by Tynnyri

14 hours ago, Oliver said:

Ceiling is a little bit sparse. Tip: Maybe try and flip the image vertically and you'll notice it better 😊 

Thanks. This is a known issue but will be worked on in the developer version before release.