Tisky

Half-Life Alyx

The index has been out of stock for more than a month now (Europe warehouses I guess) and I haven't heard any news about when it's going to be available again 馃槙
I'm afraid people are going to rush-buy it when it becomes available once again and I miss it.

Does anyone know anything aout聽 the Valve Index stocks ?

On 1/12/2020 at 4:38 AM, [HP] said:

Damn, I'm still rocking a 970. Will need to upgrade for this.

Makes me feel better that a veteran like you has my same GPU (I have the M version in my laptop of course). Thought to remember you were playing Resident Evil 2 at highest settings? That doesn鈥檛 work on mine.

~

someone鈥檚 getting fired?

24 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Makes me feel better that a veteran like you has my same GPU (I have the M version in my laptop of course). Thought to remember you were playing Resident Evil 2 at highest settings? That doesn鈥檛 work on mine.

Oh I played RE2 on the PS4 pro, looks awesome there. I barely play any games on PC nowadays, I just like the practicality of the PS4 or the Switch.
The 970 is a great card, plus I like making my game聽on an average/common graphics card, if it doesn't run on my PC, it also wouldn't run on other people's. So it forces me to do some performance work as I go. :)

25 minutes ago, [HP] said:

Oh I played RE2 on the PS4 pro, looks awesome there. I barely play any games on PC nowadays, I just like the practicality of the PS4 or the Switch.
The 970 is a great card, plus I like making my game聽on an average/common graphics card, if it doesn't run on my PC, it also wouldn't run on other people's. So it forces me to do some performance work as I go. :)

Yeah, it鈥檚 a good benchmark. My friend that develops even more minimal games works/runs on an integrated card to ensure of the lowest common denominator :D

They'll propably look out for private beta testers for the SDK, some point after the release should they plan to release it. I did a short period of testing on CSGO hammer in advance and still have the聽 ' Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta - SDK' as Retail on my account.

I have this terrible feeling that Valve doesn't want to release a full SDK ever, and that they're lying to us.聽

Call me jaded but my instincts tell me something happened and it's being kept from us.聽

Is it just me or did Valve shit the bed, and not realize it until Boneworks came out?! Seems like Valve never figured anything out, so they had several movement styles all as 'options', and then to save face at the 11th hour they straight up pretend like you can play Alyx kinda like Boneworks.聽

I just don't believe Valve at all. . . last piece of content was from November. They don't have actual good content to show, I bet they're recreating swaths of Alyx to catch up to the newfangled聽idea. These same people released Artifact and thought Dynamic Weapon Pricing in CSS was a good idea.聽

Sorry for being so negative, but there is a stink in the air.聽

11 hours ago, zastels said:

I have this terrible feeling that Valve doesn't want to release a full SDK ever, and that they're lying to us.聽

Call me jaded but my instincts tell me something happened and it's being kept from us.聽

Is it just me or did Valve shit the bed, and not realize it until Boneworks came out?! Seems like Valve never figured anything out, so they had several movement styles all as 'options', and then to save face at the 11th hour they straight up pretend like you can play Alyx kinda like Boneworks.聽

I just don't believe Valve at all. . . last piece of content was from November. They don't have actual good content to show, I bet they're recreating swaths of Alyx to catch up to the newfangled聽idea. These same people released Artifact and thought Dynamic Weapon Pricing in CSS was a good idea.聽

Sorry for being so negative, but there is a stink in the air.聽

You saying they are copying Boneworks? 0_o is not like they didn鈥檛 know about that game ages ago, they actually had some relationship with the devs. Also what makes you think they won鈥檛 release the SDK?

12 hours ago, Radu said:

You're jaded

Aren't you a bit old to be a junior level designer?聽

@blackdog聽All Valve did was create a bunch of art over the years, Boneworks team actual did all the figuring out it seems.聽

Edited by zastels