Half-Life Alyx

Tisky

On 1/12/2020 at 4:38 AM, [HP] said:

Damn, I'm still rocking a 970. Will need to upgrade for this.

Makes me feel better that a veteran like you has my same GPU (I have the M version in my laptop of course). Thought to remember you were playing Resident Evil 2 at highest settings? That doesn’t work on mine.

~

someone’s getting fired?

24 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Makes me feel better that a veteran like you has my same GPU (I have the M version in my laptop of course). Thought to remember you were playing Resident Evil 2 at highest settings? That doesn’t work on mine.

Oh I played RE2 on the PS4 pro, looks awesome there. I barely play any games on PC nowadays, I just like the practicality of the PS4 or the Switch.
The 970 is a great card, plus I like making my game on an average/common graphics card, if it doesn't run on my PC, it also wouldn't run on other people's. So it forces me to do some performance work as I go. :)

25 minutes ago, [HP] said:

Oh I played RE2 on the PS4 pro, looks awesome there. I barely play any games on PC nowadays, I just like the practicality of the PS4 or the Switch.
The 970 is a great card, plus I like making my game on an average/common graphics card, if it doesn't run on my PC, it also wouldn't run on other people's. So it forces me to do some performance work as I go. :)

Yeah, it’s a good benchmark. My friend that develops even more minimal games works/runs on an integrated card to ensure of the lowest common denominator :D

• 2 weeks later...

They'll propably look out for private beta testers for the SDK, some point after the release should they plan to release it. I did a short period of testing on CSGO hammer in advance and still have the  ' Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta - SDK' as Retail on my account.

11 hours ago, zastels said:

I have this terrible feeling that Valve doesn't want to release a full SDK ever, and that they're lying to us. 

Call me jaded but my instincts tell me something happened and it's being kept from us. 

Is it just me or did Valve shit the bed, and not realize it until Boneworks came out?! Seems like Valve never figured anything out, so they had several movement styles all as 'options', and then to save face at the 11th hour they straight up pretend like you can play Alyx kinda like Boneworks. 

I just don't believe Valve at all. . . last piece of content was from November. They don't have actual good content to show, I bet they're recreating swaths of Alyx to catch up to the newfangled idea. These same people released Artifact and thought Dynamic Weapon Pricing in CSS was a good idea. 

Sorry for being so negative, but there is a stink in the air. 

You saying they are copying Boneworks? 0_o is not like they didn’t know about that game ages ago, they actually had some relationship with the devs. Also what makes you think they won’t release the SDK?

8 hours ago, zastels said:

Lizard always takes it too far. 

You really want to go there?

People here want to have a discussion about HL Alyx and of course the one and only you have to say ruins the discussion for a while. Happens every time because you always seem to post over-dramatic stuff that completely derails whats going on. You could be a lot more neutral and a lot more sensible with your concerns about the SDK. Instead you decided Valve is a lying shadow corporation that for some reason despises its users and wants to mess with them.

The reality with the SDK is, they need to test it first to make sure it works well before they fully release. Same thing has happened with every new game that uses a new version of source.