Tisky

Half-Life Alyx

3h554j.jpg

In all seriousness though, I hope this game will be just as innovative as the other games in the Half-Life series. The first one pioneered in graphics and storytelling, the second one also lead the way with good graphics along with amazing physics. I hope this one will bring even more to the table.

Edited by That50'sGuy

Any one else see the enemy AI interaction?
This zombie walks over to a physics barrel and knocks it towards the player. It would be really cool to see enemies dynamically making their own cover and moving the players, kinda like in F.E.A.R.

52142344_AIphysics.PNG.d9170a032b51b4110dd2313477ffb69a.PNG

Also, say hello to the new Vertigo scaffolding (but in VR!)

VertigoScaffolding.PNG.53839944e50db4bb0671a60d2436dd2b.PNG

Edited by DMU222

The lighting is just insane, pause the video at any frame and it's incredibly crisp and clear with no glitch whatsoever. I'm sure this brings a lot to the table of VR and player immersion.

I don't know what to do, it's just so expensive (I would want to play it on the Index for sure, and my PC is quite not up to date enough 😥)

18 minutes ago, leplubodeslapin said:

The lighting is just insane, pause the video at any frame and it's incredibly crisp and clear with no glitch whatsoever. I'm sure this brings a lot to the table of VR and player immersion.

I don't know what to do, it's just so expensive (I would want to play it on the Index for sure, and my PC is quite not up to date enough 😥)

Tell Arkane you require funding to do a market research on the latest VR developments 😉

1 hour ago, leplubodeslapin said:

Same here! Kinda want it more because of the SDK now, imagine all the stuff one can do with it.

15 hours ago, mtchromatic said:

And there's sucking away ammo or an HEV module or something from a combine guy. (around 1:17)
Maybe I was right?

After rewatching several times the trailer, to me it looks like some kind of grenade: Alyx presses the orange button and a red light triggers (like HL2 nades) and a safety pin looking thing comes off (go to 1:18 then use "," and "." to navigate frame by frame)

2 hours ago, leplubodeslapin said:

Gofundme or buy sharing with some friends. Or can Arkane buy it for the staff and play afterhours? :D

~

BTW the Internet is amazing: trailer with HL1 sounds

Edited by blackdog

1 hour ago, [HP] said:

I wonder what the recommended specs are, particularly for the graphics card. 

Stumbled upon:

Minimum System Requirements

• Processor: Core i5-7500 / Ryzen 5 1600

• Memory: 12 GB RAM

• Graphics: GTX 1060 / RX 580 - 6GB VRAM