Tisky

Half-Life Alyx

12 hours ago, dux said:

The cables are annoying I agree. But being forced to log in through Facebook so they can record your data is worse I'd say.

20200323_172220.jpg

Is that your mancave or your living room? 

On 8/17/2020 at 4:59 PM, Minos said:

Finally got an Oculus Rift S! After fucking around trying to get it to work for days, I found out that my USB 3.0 didn't provide enough power. Got a new USB card, put it on, Oculus works once, then craps out. I switch around HDMI ports and then it works. I then jump into this game, eager to play it... and I get this annoying stutter every second or so (When I move my head sometimes one frame freezes and I can see the black borders around it).

Now here I go spend another week to figure out what's causing that. I'd guess it has something to do with Oculus Home always being on and using resources unnecessarily. Seems like if you play VR games on Steam not only your GPU has to render the game itself, but also Oculus and SteamVR bloatware in the background. This whole thing feels hacky as fuck (Oculus, not Alyx).

Hopefully I can sort these problems out and enjoy this baby :D

Turns out the reason why Alyx runs like shit for me is that I have an old CPU. Guess it's time to get a new computer, this baby here has served me very well for 8 years already :D