Tisky

Half-Life Alyx

On 7/31/2020 at 11:58 PM, FMPONE said:

I agree the HL2 version is a bit better. Overall a lot of the character designs feel weird, Alyx looks really strange compared to her HL2 counterpart imo.

[pics]

Is Alyx ever seen in the game? I'm even surprised they have a model for her. They didn't bother changing her outfit, which I can understand if they don't use her for scripted scenes not in first person... I do appreciate they took the time to make Eli different, gives a general feeling that time passed.

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

Is Alyx ever seen in the game? I'm even surprised they have a model for her. They didn't bother changing her outfit, which I can understand if they don't use her for scripted scenes not in first person... I do appreciate they took the time to make Eli different, gives a general feeling that time passed.

Spoiler

it's a massive spoiler

Edited by Buddy

On 8/5/2020 at 5:50 PM, blackdog said:

Yeah you get to see her at the end where she makes ice cream for everyone

Finally got an Oculus Rift S! After fucking around trying to get it to work for days, I found out that my USB 3.0 didn't provide enough power. Got a new USB card, put it on, Oculus works once, then craps out. I switch around HDMI ports and then it works. I then jump into this game, eager to play it... and I get this annoying stutter every second or so (When I move my head sometimes one frame freezes and I can see the black borders around it).

Now here I go spend another week to figure out what's causing that. I'd guess it has something to do with Oculus Home always being on and using resources unnecessarily. Seems like if you play VR games on Steam not only your GPU has to render the game itself, but also Oculus and SteamVR bloatware in the background. This whole thing feels hacky as fuck (Oculus, not Alyx).

Hopefully I can sort these problems out and enjoy this baby :D

If you don’t want to take out a second mortgage to play vidya games, I’m sorry but you’re a jerk. It’s important to sell your organs every once in a while, you don’t even need half of them. This is finance 101.

6 hours ago, dux said:

Why didn't you just get an Index? Too bulky?

I personally didn't get the index because I don't want to litter my room with sensors. It takes time to setup, they run out of batteries, they malfunction, wires everywhere, etc... 

Oculus does have the weirdest and shitiest business decisions though, shit like this really makes me crindge. Plus, their store sucks, they almost singlehandedly killed the "tech demo and small indie games" side of VR.

4 minutes ago, [HP] said:

I personally didn't get the index because I don't want to litter my room with sensors. It takes time to setup, they run out of batteries, they malfunction, wires everywhere, etc... 

Hope you got a Facebook account, boomer 

A64568C5-5001-4E20-BCBA-B52ACB3B9F0E.jpeg.1197d35795379ce5d9e00a0c879b5b93.jpeg

I love having a trustworthy fella like Zuckerberg looking over my shoulder at all times. Also the sensors don’t run out of batteries dawg, they plug into the wall. The controllers run out of batteries but pretty sure any controller does(?)

1 minute ago, FMPONE said:

Hope you got a Facebook account, boomer 

also the sensors don’t run out of batteries dawg, they plug into the wall. The controller run out of batteries but pretty sure any controller does

ahah, as you posted this, I was editing my own comment about that, I literally was just reading about that decision from oculus. Almost makes me wanna throw the fucking thing out of the window... 

Right, that's what I meant, I don't wanna be plugging shit into my walls. If I had my own office, maybe but my PC in my living room right now.

46 minutes ago, [HP] said:

ahah, as you posted this, I was editing my own comment about that, I literally was just reading about that decision from oculus. Almost makes me wanna throw the fucking thing out of the window... 

Right, that's what I meant, I don't wanna be plugging shit into my walls. If I had my own office, maybe but my PC in my living room right now.

Been planning to attatch my base station to the walls for a year now because setting them up is the only thing that keeps me from playing more often. I dont think they look too invasive when attatched to walls.