Tisky

Half-Life Alyx

Waited 15 years or however long it has been now (we all gave up after 7-10, really) for Valve to release a new Half-Life. No, really, it's tough being Valve I get it. All the expectation from previous success, trying to walk around the office without tripping over a mountain of cash every 5 meters, financial security for the next billion years thanks to the amazingness that is steam (Even though we all rebelled against it on release) I get it. But I wan't to play Half-Life 3 on the best kit you can get and Valve are like "yeah nah we only made 10 headsets because we still don't understand our fanbase's desire for Half-Life".

So I'm bitching on here like a self entitled prick because I want a god damn Index! :v 

I'm like Dux, even if it's going to get more stocks available I feel like i'm gonna miss it (either because i won't be fast enough, or there will just be too few of them available before march 23).

And it's just so painful to think that i'm likely going to miss the new fucking Half-Life release because I can't get the headset (the money and pc are ready).

I won't spend 1400€ on it though, i'll wait longer and cry in a corner...

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

Yeah but what I mean you waited 15 years, there’s no reason to pay an overpriced device. They are gonna restock it.

I've waited long enough bruh. Well, turns out the leak was true, new headsets coming on for Monday. So this is gonna be an absolute shit show with everyone trying to order one.

43 minutes ago, dux said:

I've waited long enough bruh. Well, turns out the leak was true, new headsets coming on for Monday. So this is gonna be an absolute shit show with everyone trying to order one.

Two scenes from the universe of Half-Life Alyx are now available for Index owners via Steam VR Home :
https://steamcommunity.com/games/546560/announcements/detail/1711869822747139586

The scenes :
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2006661698
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2006662466

Note that :

The rendering technology available in SteamVR's native environments is different than that in Half-Life: Alyx, and the interactivity is significantly lower than what the game itself provides.

And an asset pack appeared magically on the Steam Workshop of Steam VR !

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2006656803

Can a Valve Index owner check this out pleaaaase ?

Edited by leplubodeslapin
Failed

21 hours ago, dux said:

Hah, nice. I bet they will get sold out before I even get a chance to open the page :v 

Just curious what made you wait to get it at first? I got mine in the initial round (yes, I know they’re not cheap. Not saying anyone is stupid if that’s the reason they waited.)

Trying to find a graphics card for this, need to upgrade my 970 GTX. Considering if I get a 1080ti or a 2060.

Also, wtf. A month ago you could get a Oculus Rift S, brand new for $400.

Now a used one goes for $550. (!!)

15 hours ago, FMPONE said:

Just curious what made you wait to get it at first? I got mine in the initial round (yes, I know they’re not cheap. Not saying anyone is stupid if that’s the reason they waited.)

Had some bills that needed paying off first. Payday is just around the corner, so had it all planned out.