Tisky

Half-Life Alyx

This is a guide I made to help people get into this. Feel free to contact me if you need any advice, help, anything to get into VR.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HalfLife/comments/f2hsql/requirements_for_half_life_alyx_and_how_to_get/

I'm really interested in understanding how the source modding community feels about Alyx. It will have Hammer support at launch, is anyone planning on making any mods for it even before an SDK is announced?

49 minutes ago, [HP] said:

Gosh man, you have powerful google alerts 😄

the last one just came up on my page and wanted to post it. didn’t know there was more. 

This is amazing.

My favourite bit from the one I’ve seen was when they opened the car door for cover.

They mentioned there's a different system for barnacles in place as opposed to the one from previous hl games where you would get dragged upwards. I assume they will instead strangle you this time in order to avoid moving the player without his will and cause motion sickness. SPECULATION - I think you can trick barnacles if you have a hat, they'll grab that instead of you. 

4 minutes ago, Radu said:

They mentioned there's a different system for barnacles in place as opposed to the one from previous hl games where you would get dragged upwards. I assume they will instead strangle you this time in order to avoid moving the player without his will and cause motion sickness. SPECULATION - I think you can trick barnacles if you have a hat, they'll grab that instead of you. 

It's not a speculation. It's literally in the video :D Also barnacles really strangle you as shown in video. Your screen gets slowly darker.

12 minutes ago, Lizard said:

It's not a speculation. It's literally in the video :D Also barnacles really strangle you as shown in video. Your screen gets slowly darker.

Which video? I missed that entirely somehow

1 hour ago, Radu said:

Which video? I missed that entirely somehow

30 minutes ago, dux said:

its at 1m 30s

God damn I need some coffee, but that's cool

233589-Header.jpg

Edited by Radu