Tisky

Half-Life Alyx

And we got a release date !

https://twitter.com/valvesoftware/status/1228039740001177600

(23 march)

A friend currently in Canada told me the Index is available there, is it coming back in stock ?聽馃槸

Edited by leplubodeslapin

Good gawd that looks crispy af 馃い

wonder if the synth the combine are looking at in the second shot is one of the cut synths (the one that I think makes an appearance in the citadel just in the background) or is the upper body of a strider

Edited by blackdog

With gold聽age of valve finally over I would really like to know if the Source 2 SDK will be any good. I mean, they literally released two mobile games that died at launch, added BR mode to CS and loopholes around France anti-gambling regulations. It's really not the company where people used to say that they know what they are doing and what their customers want.

Wouldn't be suprised if Source 2 SDK would be a mobile game engine.

14 minutes ago, Tynnyri said:

Dude they released two dead-on-arrival mobile games.

1. Artifact isnt a mobile game, they thought they might try and port it, but didnt after it declined.

2. Underlords had a pretty significant and enthusiastic player-base that rapidly declined when Valve didnt update the game quick enough, thought it still has 10,000 players who seem to really like the game.

We saw this exact same downer attitude when Valve announced L4D2, people on this very forum claimed they wouldnt release an SDK for it because they just wanted money. They announced portal 2, "oh they wont release an sdk because they love money". CSGO, same thing "oh they are trying to compete with COD and Battlefield, no SDK for us Valve is dead".

Chances are, just like with left 4 dead 2, the SDK isnt ready for a public release. They have to work on a consumer version and make sure it runs well before they release it.

People said the golden age of Valve was over when they release Ricochet, they said it was over when they released TF2, people thought Valve releasing another counter strike game was a cash grab and indicated the golden age was finally over.

They are going to release HLA, they are going to make a few more VR games, then when they try to do something else you will see people claiming the golden age of valve is over. If they ever release HL3 people will claim its a cash grab and Valve is no longer the golden company.

Assuming things you dont know just so you can be upset isnt a good way to live life. They wouldnt be adding steam workshop support if they didnt have an sdk planned.

54 minutes ago, fewseb said:

1. Artifact isnt a mobile game, they thought they might try and port it, but didnt after it declined.

2. Underlords had a pretty significant and enthusiastic player-base that rapidly declined when Valve didnt update the game quick enough, thought it still has 10,000 players who seem to really like the game.

We saw this exact same downer attitude when Valve announced L4D2, people on this very forum claimed they wouldnt release an SDK for it because they just wanted money. They announced portal 2, "oh they wont release an sdk because they love money". CSGO, same thing "oh they are trying to compete with COD and Battlefield, no SDK for us Valve is dead".

Chances are, just like with left 4 dead 2, the SDK isnt ready for a public release. They have to work on a consumer version and make sure it runs well before they release it.

People said the golden age of Valve was over when they release Ricochet, they said it was over when they released TF2, people thought Valve releasing another counter strike game was a cash grab and indicated the golden age was finally over.

They are going to release HLA, they are going to make a few more VR games, then when they try to do something else you will see people claiming the golden age of valve is over. If they ever release HL3 people will claim its a cash grab and Valve is no longer the golden company.

Assuming things you dont know just so you can be upset isnt a good way to live life. They wouldnt be adding steam workshop support if they didnt have an sdk planned.

That's a harsh and very misinformed strawman.

What I want you to understand is that creating two subparly reviewed and playerbased mobile games and then steering off the PC software market to a physical聽accessory-focused PC聽market is very much not what the identity of Valve used to be.

That's a shift all of these areas:聽Business model, employees, company values, community and consumer interactions, quality assurance, platform, product line and even more.
The company's identity is a different one now, and that's a fact. That change started to publicly show when Artifact released, but Artifact wasn't the reason for that change in identity.

Why I like to call it silver age is because just like comic books,聽they have just been releasing things with poor reviews and fanbases. I can't call it a good shift when nothing after the shift has聽been better or comparable to anything聽before. There's no reason聽to expect anything good either. The old identity of Valve is -as I just explained-聽replaced by the new one.

On 2/13/2020 at 4:09 PM, dux said:

Still waiting on them getting more headsets in so I can buy one.

Seriously consider getting a Oculus Rift S, it's only $400 and it's pretty damn good.聽Do some research聽of the pros and cons.