Tisky

Half-Life Alyx

8 hours ago, zastels said:

Aren't you a bit old to be a junior level designer? 

@blackdog All Valve did was create a bunch of art over the years, Boneworks team actual did all the figuring out it seems. 

Aren't you too old to think that you get assigned to a position based on how old you are? 

8 hours ago, zastels said:

Lizard always takes it too far. 

You really want to go there?

People here want to have a discussion about HL Alyx and of course the one and only you have to say ruins the discussion for a while. Happens every time because you always seem to post over-dramatic stuff that completely derails whats going on. You could be a lot more neutral and a lot more sensible with your concerns about the SDK. Instead you decided Valve is a lying shadow corporation that for some reason despises its users and wants to mess with them.

The reality with the SDK is, they need to test it first to make sure it works well before they fully release. Same thing has happened with every new game that uses a new version of source.

1 hour ago, fewseb said:

You really want to go there?

People here want to have a discussion about HL Alyx and of course the one and only you have to say ruins the discussion for a while. Happens every time because you always seem to post over-dramatic stuff that completely derails whats going on. You could be a lot more neutral and a lot more sensible with your concerns about the SDK. Instead you decided Valve is a lying shadow corporation that for some reason despises its users and wants to mess with them.

The reality with the SDK is, they need to test it first to make sure it works well before they fully release. Same thing has happened with every new game that uses a new version of source.

If you people stopped complaining about speech you do not like, it would not be "ruined".

And don't put words in my mouth about Valve. If I can't express anything but love for Valve then this place should be renamed gaycore. 

Yo HP do you think Alyx is a bit of a 5?

latest?cb=20191221114539&path-prefix=en

I feel like Alyx should be at a min a solid 8 because people are dying trying to protect her. I also feel like she should dress nice. . . like why not get a new jacket why duct tape your jacket? Doesn't seem like a very girly thing to do. 

Don't worry guys, Steam has you backed up. There's been recent... special developments, titles such as Cuckold Simulator and Lust Epidemic. Steam doesn't discriminate and neither will we. 

Going back on track with the discussion, now that we have confirmation from the recent AMA that there won't be a S2 SDK and only limited authoring tools contained to levels within HLA.

Edited by Radu

On 11/22/2019 at 1:53 AM, DMU222 said:

Any one else see the enemy AI interaction?
This zombie walks over to a physics barrel and knocks it towards the player

I hope you realise zombies in Half-Life 2 already do this?

57 minutes ago, JorisCeoen said:

I hope you realise zombies in Half-Life 2 already do this?

npc_basezombie.cpp

// Send the object at 800 in/sec toward the enemy.  Add 200 in/sec up velocity to keep it
            // in the air for a second or so.
            v = v * 800;
            v.z += 200;

Oh the technologies. I bet in Source 2 it'll be able to hold you down in a fire. 

On 1/27/2020 at 2:39 PM, Radu said:

Don't worry guys, Steam has you backed up. There's been recent... special developments, titles such as Cuckold Simulator and Lust Epidemic. Steam doesn't discriminate and neither will we. 

Going back on track with the discussion, now that we have confirmation from the recent AMA that there won't be a S2 SDK and only limited authoring tools contained to levels within HLA.

hmmm

"The Oculus Store made almost $5 million on Christmas Day"

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/357409/The_Oculus_Store_made_almost_5_million_on_Christmas_Day.php

Edited by Radu

Why does anyone think that Valve are at all worried about their games quality compared to Boneworks?
Boneworks is fun, but it's short, easy, and has little enemy and weapon variety (at least for guns).