Jump to content
Tisky

Half-Life Alyx

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, zastels said:

Aren't you a bit old to be a junior level designer? 

 

@blackdog All Valve did was create a bunch of art over the years, Boneworks team actual did all the figuring out it seems. 

Aren't you too old to think that you get assigned to a position based on how old you are? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, zastels said:

Lizard always takes it too far. 

You really want to go there?

People here want to have a discussion about HL Alyx and of course the one and only you have to say ruins the discussion for a while. Happens every time because you always seem to post over-dramatic stuff that completely derails whats going on. You could be a lot more neutral and a lot more sensible with your concerns about the SDK. Instead you decided Valve is a lying shadow corporation that for some reason despises its users and wants to mess with them.

The reality with the SDK is, they need to test it first to make sure it works well before they fully release. Same thing has happened with every new game that uses a new version of source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fewseb said:

You really want to go there?

People here want to have a discussion about HL Alyx and of course the one and only you have to say ruins the discussion for a while. Happens every time because you always seem to post over-dramatic stuff that completely derails whats going on. You could be a lot more neutral and a lot more sensible with your concerns about the SDK. Instead you decided Valve is a lying shadow corporation that for some reason despises its users and wants to mess with them.

The reality with the SDK is, they need to test it first to make sure it works well before they fully release. Same thing has happened with every new game that uses a new version of source.

If you people stopped complaining about speech you do not like, it would not be "ruined".

And don't put words in my mouth about Valve. If I can't express anything but love for Valve then this place should be renamed gaycore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yo HP do you think Alyx is a bit of a 5?

latest?cb=20191221114539&path-prefix=en

 

I feel like Alyx should be at a min a solid 8 because people are dying trying to protect her. I also feel like she should dress nice. . . like why not get a new jacket why duct tape your jacket? Doesn't seem like a very girly thing to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't worry guys, Steam has you backed up. There's been recent... special developments, titles such as Cuckold Simulator and Lust Epidemic. Steam doesn't discriminate and neither will we. 

Going back on track with the discussion, now that we have confirmation from the recent AMA that there won't be a S2 SDK and only limited authoring tools contained to levels within HLA.

Edited by Radu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2019 at 1:53 AM, DMU222 said:

Any one else see the enemy AI interaction?
This zombie walks over to a physics barrel and knocks it towards the player

I hope you realise zombies in Half-Life 2 already do this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, JorisCeoen said:

I hope you realise zombies in Half-Life 2 already do this?

npc_basezombie.cpp

// Send the object at 800 in/sec toward the enemy.  Add 200 in/sec up velocity to keep it
            // in the air for a second or so.
            v = v * 800;
            v.z += 200;

 

Oh the technologies. I bet in Source 2 it'll be able to hold you down in a fire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2020 at 2:39 PM, Radu said:

Don't worry guys, Steam has you backed up. There's been recent... special developments, titles such as Cuckold Simulator and Lust Epidemic. Steam doesn't discriminate and neither will we. 

Going back on track with the discussion, now that we have confirmation from the recent AMA that there won't be a S2 SDK and only limited authoring tools contained to levels within HLA.

hmmm

"The Oculus Store made almost $5 million on Christmas Day"

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/357409/The_Oculus_Store_made_almost_5_million_on_Christmas_Day.php

Edited by Radu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does anyone think that Valve are at all worried about their games quality compared to Boneworks?
Boneworks is fun, but it's short, easy, and has little enemy and weapon variety (at least for guns).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...