35 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Colour coding is definitely a good thing in level design, great to try implement from draft.

What texture set you are using?

Could you specify what purpose color coding serves? I'm new to this term, hadn't heard of it before in Level Design... interested to hear what's it used for!

2 hours ago, blackdog said:

Colour coding is definitely a good thing in level design, great to try implement from draft.

What texture set you are using?

It's the default floor dev texture from Source SDK, but I made several variations of it using my desired colours.

1 hour ago, JorisCeoen said:

Could you specify what purpose color coding serves? I'm new to this term, hadn't heard of it before in Level Design... interested to hear what's it used for!

Colour coding implies that you assign certain colours to your game elements or areas to make them visually more easy to read. For instance, in many games, especially multiplayer ones, the AI factions will have a specific colour scheme to make them easily identifiable. The best example I can give is TF2 where you have your red/blue teams and specifically coloured map areas. However, in more asymmetric games like CS:GO, where the aim is for realism and the elements are not as black and white, you can use colours to make certain areas stand out from each other. I think some Call of Duty maps manage this well to some extent. Of course, you don't want to overwhelm the player with too much colour. 

On 11/3/2019 at 12:09 PM, JorisCeoen said:

What @Radu said is correct, I want to add another example that is a common sore point in (community) CS maps: doors.

It’s important to colour code doors to allow players to ignore doors that are there for decoration/realism VS interactive doors.

On top of that you might want to make things very clear by removing door knobs/handles from non-interactive doors, even put an obstacle in front.

Update time! Mentioned a few noteworthy ones, but there's been several adjustments in all areas.

IA7CYUd.jpg

CT spawn has a new small side area to give players a safer option when rotating. And the double doors entrance to A has been replaced with a more isolated entrance to give CTs playing mid some time to react should the site be taken by Terrorists. Last but not least, the site now has a second entrance through the fort tower that leads to a small upper section.

PGR3zAg.jpg

The entrances to A site viewed from above. The site itself has also seen some minor tweaks to allow for better entry and move interesting plays between cover points.

LhAbhjF.jpg

T side entry to A site has now been merged with the nearby arches and the platform has been lowered enough to allow for a single jump onto it. Timings have also been adjusted so that Terrorists arrive ahead of CTs and have some time to set up.

0LTKsT3.jpg

The area ahead of B site has been further opened to allow Terrorists a longer angle into the choke point from the safety of the pillars. Additional cover as been added near the secondary platform to the left. Timings have also been adjusted for faster access than previous version.

NgrMCSE.jpg

Terrorists Spawn is now more open and fluid and features two entry points that merge into mid.

The Radar:

Spoiler

6DckR10.jpg

Edited by Radu