Radu

Valorant

I played 6 or so games yesterday night.

• The agents are easily unlockable (I already have 6/8 of them)
  • FPS is very high as expected
  • Ping is stable, I didn't experience any client side shots that never made it to the server
  • You will forget vanguard is on. Even though I don't like the idea, it has no real performance hit assuming you have an average setup.
  • No cheaters so far
  • The maps are interesting in that they work with almost no crouch level cover at contact points
  • The abilities work very well both alone and together
  • In many respects, the reduction in map complexity seems to be complemented by the abilities and the complexity they add

After 100 hours of this shit I got so burnt out. Every engagement feels the same because of the map design. While I initially though it would be a positive, the abilities do not really change the engagements enough. Even at gold, a low rank, it feels like there are toxic players every other game. Lastly, the movement is really bad. There is almost no useful bhopping or counterstrafing and you can not effectively crouch peek or slow peek with an awp anymore. Despite this, almost every other rifle and smg has astounding walking accuracy. There are big problems, and I ultimately don't think that people are going to play this game if they don't have fun with it.

Yeah we've been getting absolutely owned the past few nights. I think I'm done with the game now. The maps feel awkward and cramped. Everyone just throws ice walls and smoke down and you're just sat like a lemon waiting for them to disappear. You can't really rotate very well either.聽

I really enjoyed it at the start, and I'm pretty decent, but it's just making me angry now.

10 hours ago, DMU222 said:

accept the other game has a map editor and community that keeps me invested.

A map editor would make the game playable. All the maps in Valorant right now are simply boring, uninspired, generic and at best amateurish.

15 hours ago, DMU222 said:

Reminds me of another game I like to play... accept the other game has a map editor and community that keeps me invested.

Haha tbh the game keeps me invested in the map editor. I guess its different for everyone.

Someone actually took the time to put into words the problems with the games maps

The only thing I would add is how uncomfortable most of the angles are on these maps. It doesn't feel like there is a good place to aim and I often get shot from off angles that don't really make sense. Maybe its because I am so used to cs, but even in community tests this happens less often聽than in valorant.

It really seems like the games marketing was all about being a competitive esports game, but all the updates they've done since have made the game more and more and more casual to play.

Edited by DMU222

I haven't played enough the game to be able to fullyjudge the map.

But it's insane how it feels like a basic standard CS map and I don't feel any difference between the maps, I don't even know which one is what. It's still quite fun to play this game and I appreciate the visuals I think they have a nice style. But it feels too much like old CS maps to聽me and awkward, I don't like finding my way in these mazes.

I am not a fan of the visual style. It feels like utterly utilitarian crap that we have seen from every soulless chinese imitation company before.

Download Guns of Boom for PC (Windows and Mac) - Android GamesHmm, looks familiar...

Also, if you put some time into the maps you will know exactly where to aim. Immortal in this game is basically mg from my experience.

He guys, I've been working on this site for about 2 months.聽http://valoranttracker.org/

Here you can find guides agents, weapons, and maps.

Currently, we are waiting for API to provide our users with Valorant stats.

If it is possible, please add our site to the topic as "useful resource"
That`s how our guides looks like

7nKagPN.png.57d80ce39d5f0f9f08e73d6f1f179638.png

I tested Valorant and my impression is that of a weird CS:GO with superheroes on a cartoonish setting. The maps feel at times a bit claustrophobic. I think that there isn't any map editor because the game's producers know that the players will聽聽bring聽dust2 and other classic CS:GO maps and it will foock up their game. Anyway i had never been a fan of cartoonish games with superheroes so i might be biased.

4 hours ago, Serialmapper said:

I think that there isn't any map editor because the game's producers know that the players will聽聽bring聽dust2 and other classic CS:GO maps and it will foock up their game.

What a weird thing to say. It's not because some people will make Dust2 and other CS maps that the devs are required to put it in matchmaking聽or support it any other way.

To me it seems that all the hype around Valorant has quickly died out. It seems like a lot of the esports orgs that had planned to play the game competitively are starting to pull out. It's really weird that this is happening, as so many people were confident this would be the cs killer. Even crossfire was able to maintain a large playerbase longer than Valorant. Obviously it is聽way聽too early to declare the game to be dead, but it is clear that the initial launch was a big fuck up. My personal theory is the game was too focused on being balanced and competitive. The game quickly grew stale because there weren't any fun strategies players could abuse. By making a game that removes any unnecessary and buggy aspects of CS, Valorant doesn't leave space for people to take risks and have fun with the game.

For example:聽In Valorant smokes are a solid ball that can be easily lined up from a distance. This means almost every smoke through will be perfect, blocking out any possible sightlines. This discourages players on the other side of the smoke from taking the risk of pushing through or finding a sneaky angle on the side. Meanwhile with the buggy sprite smokes of CS, you can never be confident in your smoke which encourages players to use silly risky tactics.

With every ability having a firm rigid 'competitive' use, players quickly get bored of the game simply because every round becomes a repeat of the last.

A similar problem is created by the starting walls. They make sure that all timings are always the same and predictable and balanced. But when every round is always the same and predictable and balanced, there is no reason to keep playing the game.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk

Edited by DMU222

7 minutes ago, DMU222 said:

To me it seems that all the hype around Valorant has quickly died out. It seems like a lot of the esports orgs that had planned to play the game competitively are starting to pull out. It's really weird that this is happening, as so many people were confident this would be the cs killer. Even crossfire was able to maintain a large playerbase longer than Valorant. Obviously it is聽way聽too early to declare the game to be dead, but it is clear that the initial launch was a big fuck up. My personal theory is the game was too focused on being balanced and competitive. The game quickly grew stale because there weren't any fun strategies players could abuse. By making a game that removes any unnecessary and buggy aspects of CS, Valorant doesn't leave space for people to take risks and have fun with the game.

For example:聽In Valorant smokes are a solid ball that can be easily lined up from a distance. This means almost every smoke through will be perfect, blocking out any possible sightlines. This discourages players on the other side of the smoke from taking the risk of pushing through or finding a sneaky angle on the side. Meanwhile with the buggy sprite smokes of CS, you can never be confident in your smoke which encourages players to use silly risky tactics.

With every ability having a firm rigid 'competitive' use, players quickly get bored of the game simply because every round becomes a repeat of the last.

A similar problem is created by the starting walls. They make sure that all timings are always the same and predictable and balanced. But when every round is always the same and predictable and balanced, there is no reason to keep playing the game.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk

I think the main problem is the game has nothing new to offer. It is the safest game design you could imagine now and they still managed to fail in some departments...聽