Radu

Valorant

Breaking News! CS:GO dropping frames due to Valorant anti-cheat running in the background.

Ladies and gentlemen... we got em!

Edited by NikiOo

15 hours ago, Interfearance said:

@Passerby97 Valorant already looks like the gameplay will at least equally viable in competition when compared to csgo. 

with the 15 dollars to not get hackers in your lobby in cs, you can get good characters in valorant.

It's bad to force everyone, including the hackers to pay a fee, but somehow it means hackers pay less than in a model where hackers don't have to pay the same as serious players? You don't have to buy all the new heroes to cheat, you know.

On 4/14/2020 at 9:01 PM, Interfearance said:

Therefore, it is logical that the game should be maintained with the cosmetics. Instead, a day of manpower is being spent on cosmetics for every minute they spend improving the game. In other words, cs has stagnated update wise. The only reason I still play is because there are no good alternatives.

What kind of updates are you longing for? Cos 2019 brought many many updates to CSGO... the team has never been more communicative than in 2018-2019

Edited by blackdog

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

the team has never been more communicative than in 2018-2019

Valve doesn't exactly have a standard for communication. You'd be hard pressed to find a real update. 99% fall under:

a) Preexisting map tweaks (sometimes in the form of a joke or abstract statement). Example:

— Optimizations
— Fixed various minor visual bugs
— Fixed a bug where it was possible to go under terrain

or

— Wall by door to A site balcony is bingelibangable.
— Tweaked HDR settings.

b) Fixes to obscure bugs. Example: 

Fixed several unlocalized UI strings.

c) Random ass back end updates. Example:

Game state integration now allows to control precision of reported floating point values using an additional configuration section:

“output”
{
“precision_time” “1”
“precision_position” “2”
“precision_vector” “2”
}

d) Random ass front end updates. Example:

– Updated Balkan, FBI, and ST6 sleeve textures to closer match 3rd person model.

There are surely some case drops and weapon stat changes you can cherry pick, but the actual work valve has done amounts to bug fixes, tweaks, and cosmetics. I am of course glad they are patching a game with over a million concurrent players, but it would be nice to see an update closer to the caliber the Dust 2 and Train and Nuke reworks that doesn't have to be incited by eminent "death by riot". I haven't seen close to that level of effort since.

Here are some things they could have addressed in 2019: Poor wingman map pool, maps remaining with inconsistent graphical fidelity (ovp, mirage), lack of a usable semi auto rifle (this would be nice), inconsistent vertical sound, molotov rework so the area with the flame hurts you and the area with no flame doesn't (wow).   

6 hours ago, Passerby97 said:

You don't have to buy all the new heroes to cheat, you know.

Good luck cheating with their intrusive anti cheat. You will end up paying big for cheats. Both a good and a bad thing.

Good selective memory.

Tbh it seems like you're just ready for something brand new, so I doubt there's anything Valve could do to their 8 year old game which would satisfy you. Enjoy Valorant for the 2-3 years that Riot bother to look after it.

6 hours ago, Interfearance said:

Valve doesn't exactly have a standard for communication. You'd be hard pressed to find a real update. 99% fall under:

a) Preexisting map tweaks (sometimes in the form of a joke or abstract statement). Example:

— Optimizations
— Fixed various minor visual bugs
— Fixed a bug where it was possible to go under terrain

or

— Wall by door to A site balcony is bingelibangable.
— Tweaked HDR settings.

b) Fixes to obscure bugs. Example: 

Fixed several unlocalized UI strings.

c) Random ass back end updates. Example:

Game state integration now allows to control precision of reported floating point values using an additional configuration section:

“output”
{
“precision_time” “1”
“precision_position” “2”
“precision_vector” “2”
}

d) Random ass front end updates. Example:

– Updated Balkan, FBI, and ST6 sleeve textures to closer match 3rd person model.There are surely some case drops and weapon stat changes you can cherry pick, but the actual work valve has done amounts to bug fixes, tweaks, and cosmetics. I am of course glad they are patching a game with over a million concurrent players, but it would be nice to see an update closer to the caliber the Dust 2 and Train and Nuke reworks that doesn't have to be incited by eminent "death by riot". I haven't seen close to that level of effort since.

Here are some things they could have addressed in 2019: Poor wingman map pool, maps remaining with inconsistent graphical fidelity (ovp, mirage), lack of a usable semi auto rifle (this would be nice), inconsistent vertical sound, molotov rework so the area with the flame hurts you and the area with no flame doesn't (wow).

Things I agree on: Wingman pool (many maps uploaded to workshop, one main contest held as well – guess it’s because wasn’t organised by Mapcore 🤣), vertical sound (“fixing” Nuke by changing just the bomb ping sound was lazy).

This is the first time I hear someone wanting a semi-auto rifle, and I don’t see why they would add one in as this is not a WW2 game and afaik that type of rifle is used with optics, so reasons not to add rifles that replace or go alongside the existing ones: you already have your zoomed ARs, tapping automatic guns is part of the skill required to play.

Map updates are something we know is happening and you recognise yourself the struggle posed by the community so I don’t see it as a Valve problem.

I don’t follow other MP games closely but afaik all those maintenance updates don’t happen at all, when is the last time they rebalanced guns in COD? Last year CSGO saw the big meta shift just by changing the pricing to the SG and Aug, then was reverted, now the same guns have been changed in their stats.
I can see that many maintenance updates are cryptic and useless to most, or sound borderline jokes, but honestly I don’t see what they should write. It’s very hard to indicate an area on a map in words. They are anal, but that’s bug fixing. If I had to speculate I would say those are automated info dumps that come out of bug tracking tools. I don’t see the reason of making them readable “for humans” cos you can play and have fun without it, if your life would be so impacted by the understanding of those changes, I think you’d understand them. Or , like in my case, you don’t care at all about it but your background and knowledge allows you to understand them if you happen to read them.

~
Anyway ti not make this a complete OT Riot has released this

Edited by blackdog

Honestly, the game IS fun. It's not titanfall 2 "put me in for another round coach!" But I still feel an incentive to get gud and get those epic reddit clips.

My personal problem is the way they throw out buzzwords of things they think will make them a killer esports game. For example:

4 hours ago, blackdog said:

CSGO tryhards have always been begging valve for 128 tick servers, better hit reg, and better anti-cheat. But these aren't the things that make CS good. CS is good because of the passion the community is able to put into creating stuff for the game, skins maps, but also frag clips and a easily consumable esports scene thanks to demos. Riot have built up their games community like LoL, sure there will be fanart, cosplays, and constant patches, but the players won't be the one forging the game their own unique game. A CS:GO player doesn't get cool movement frags because they played the movement character, they do it because they are good at movement.

But at the end of the day, sometimes you want to experiment and play a role you haven't learned or practiced, and Valorant allows you to do that with a single button. CSGO pushes players to make and find their fun. Valorant present players with a collection of catered fun. 

On 4/16/2020 at 6:42 PM, Interfearance said:

Good luck cheating with their intrusive anti cheat. You will end up paying big for cheats. Both a good and a bad thing.

Intrusive cheats do not prevent cheating though.

Always-online rootkit made by a company owned by a Chinese puppet firm that runs on start-up without an on or off button? That doesn't have anything to do with preventing cheating. Yes, script kiddies are easier to catch but rootkits connected directly to the internet are usually considered malware.

Without going into to much technical detail just remember this: Most cheats aren't obvious aimbots or wallhacks, but smaller effects such as no recoil which are pretty easy to integrate with mouses to an undetectable degree even by someone with no knowledge on the technical details. Your mouse simply tells your PC that you move your mouse in a certain way whenever you press a button. But your PC has no access to that mouse's anti-recoil cheat, only the results of it's calculations. Cheats that never run on your PC are surprisingly easy to set up with the right tools. And they are very cheap as well. No anti-cheat system fixes online cheating. They can only lower the amount of script kiddies.

8 hours ago, mtchromatic said:

Trying to get a key.

Is this and CS:GO going to be like Overwatch and TF2 was 4 years ago?

I hope not, though I do believe that CS:GO's numbers have been severely inflated by people in China+Korea+EastAsia training to play Valorant.