FMPONE

DE_CACHE (new version)

Really cool to have followed up with the evolution of this map over the years. Brings up that old question, when is a map really done? 

Btw, I like the new look. It does feel a bit too much visually in some areas, less consistent/subtle than the previous version, but it's alright. Kinda reminds me of the environments from The Last of Us with the overgrown vegetation.

Edited by Radu

lets start

1. Open or closed? Mb you can open it in inside too?

Spoiler

T6ZvQ9hbYkQ.jpg

VnFpv5Ax6SQ.jpg

2. Try to fix that, it is doesn't matter, but looks strange) 

Spoiler

iHmZbLYHV5c.jpg

3. Vehicle, i think need to change to Soviet. 

Spoiler

1. Izh 27151

scale_1200

2. Izh 2125 Combi

o58NmdHNiHg.jpg

scale_1200

3. UAZ 452

xfWjBQUgBBY.jpg

uaz_452v_1.jpeg

4. MAZ 500

g3vJbZcPLTQ.jpg

original.jpg

4. Foliage distance

Spoiler

vdWsuMQ3o74.jpg

KpAcT96pTNk.jpg

5. Need fix this light props (remade props)

Spoiler

ZDriRQsgh4s.jpg

6. Miss roofs

Spoiler

esSQ-_iAyGQ.jpg

hn35KIMt55A.jpg

XZDWvCjf_3M.jpg

1ePdSgkfVEY.jpg

7. Miss wall on build

Spoiler

d8oIWf4TJPk.jpg

hmm thats all. mb not)) not sure) I like some changes, i like Cache before, and i think i want to play again. For me, new visual like Erangel 2.0. 
Good job) 

Yep, those three vehicles need to be replaced with soviet asap. You can't just pull a fast one on the whole community like that. The solviets are gonna be insulted. That's practically butchering their cultural heritage. Imagine if everyone started making arbitrary changes to historically-themed maps, what will happen in 10 years, 50 years? We'll forget what soviet cars looked like.

Remember when Coca Cola took santa claus and made him red? They didn't care about Jesus Christ and what colors he liked! And now no one remembers that Santa was actually black.

22 hours ago, NikiOo said:

Yep, those three vehicles need to be replaced with soviet asap. You can't just pull a fast one on the whole community like that. The solviets are gonna be insulted. That's practically butchering their cultural heritage. Imagine if everyone started making arbitrary changes to historically-themed maps, what will happen in 10 years, 50 years? We'll forget what soviet cars looked like.

Remember when Coca Cola took santa claus and made him red? They didn't care about Jesus Christ and what colors he liked! And now no one remembers that Santa was actually black.

ehh, I just think its a bit lame so many assets are just stock with a Hi rez retaxture and some wear thrown on. He made sure to individually model and texture those leaves but major piece of cover that you look at all the time are still the exact same. Even the bomb crates are pretty lame. Yeah the hi rez yellow strap is cool and all but did he really have to stick with the exact same over used missile crate props with a slight detail texture applied. My least favorite thing has to be that god awful source crate texture that should have been removed in the his original version. Ok cool its a remake of the original texture on a new hi rez prop, neat you couldn't have tried something new to show off your obvious modeling talent.

Edited by fewseb

I'm sorry, I understand you have years of mapping experience, but making the self-boost easier on CT side mid was not a good change at all. You have the movement community enraged by this right now.

Your proposal to this change is strange. You still have to know how to properly air-strafe to it, but half of the challenge is now gone. It also doesn't make that much sense gameplay-wise as well. Why should T's have to expect that boost even more? CT's either had to sacrifice a teammate for a consistent counter-boost, or a solo CT had to use their movement to complete it. Make the self-boost the way it's always been. It was always so fun to do because of its challenge.

I know Valve is trying to remove skill from maps, but please don't follow suit with them. Most movement players have been quitting CS:GO because of all these changes that spite them.

Edited by monolith

Good day.
Nice looking map. Good job!

First of all - English isnt my home language. Sry. But i have to say a few words. Im a mechanic of the HVAC and Refrigeration systems. And i found rude mistakes.

1. In the USSR there were only monoblock window air conditioners. On your map are using modern SPLIT system.

Spoiler

DcWLa1c.jpg

63GJYhf.jpg

2. Is the condenser of conditioner fixed to the window? Not realistic. It's 40-50kg weight.

Spoiler

eH2cucJ.png

KC5jPhb.png

3. It is well fixed, but the condenser should be located 50 cm from the wall. 

Spoiler

NmWiQUJ.png

BUT WHAT DOES IT COOLING? STREET?

Yod5f13.png

No air conditioner evaporator

a8dl3kR.png

If the evaporator is located somewhere in the building, then where are the copper pipes in isolation?

hMeFlHM.jpg

4. The same low montage to the window.

Spoiler

0gJMEvZ.png

5. Heating radiator. 

Spoiler

YGLSXxa.png

Сast-iron radiators were used In the USSR.

tU3SYAJ.png

In 1986 a modern water flow regulator with a bimetallic plate? Not real.

xQUhHpi.png

6. The same number plates.

Spoiler

1YYCUVU.png

VnVwEyQ.png

3xaVV7l.jpg

26 minutes ago, leplubodeslapin said:

what

Guys ok it's nice that you can be so accurate with your feedbacks and I'm pretty sure that they're welcome to improve the visuals of the map and make it more "realistic".

But please, understand that not everybody is an expert in AC, plumbing and in the history of USSR vehicles from decades ago. It's something that the map creators can take into account and change but it's their map, they don't have to change these things to please a community of people.

Appreciate the work applied here and do your feedbacks as suggestions of stuff that could be improved, kindly.

Just my 2 cents :x

I mean some stuff he said is kind of unreasonable, yeah none of us are going to go that in depth to how are pipe systems work in a map and I dont think most people will notice that a space heater is not era-accurate. At the same time though it should be pretty obvious to most people that AC units dont mount onto the window pane itself and if you are going to go out of your way to put a fan or ac unit in an area where you can see the receiving side you need to detail appropriately, no doubt that AC unit by boost was only put there to justify the original boost, but at this point since you can just jump over to the ledge he might as well remove it instead of trying to detail the front end of the system on the other side. 

The 2 trucks having the same license plate is reasonable since they are the same model, but why reuse it for the van prop? Id assume they dont share a texture.

Congrats on the release guys. Looks cool and different to the 20,000 Italy based maps everyone seems to make for this game. Ignore these miserable, pedantic fuckers. This is why I don't check Mapcore very often any more lol