Daigo (contest version)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, JorisCeoen said:

With the contest being over for many entries, is it possible to move these out of the current category (into 3D). I’d like to continue working on the map once I’m back from holidays, and don’t want to clutter the contest forums when posting later on.

They usually do that once the contest is completely over

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, CommonCrayon said:

Looks Great! Hope you're still working on it and Good Luck!

Thanks man! Don't worry, I'm working on it on a regular basis, but a few things (including moving to a new place) are currently on the planning, making consistent contributions just a little slower for the moment. I have no fixed ETA, but I'm hoping to finish a first playable test sometime mid-october.

Edited by JorisCeoen

• JorisCeoen changed the title to Daigo (contest version)

• MapCore on Discord

• Our picks

• [CS:GO] Shore
      One of the projects I worked on after I made de_austria.

Yeah, I know the timing is really bad (CS2!), but can't change it... ūüôĀ

In general a lot went wrong during this project. Had a lot of problems with the layout, but I think I found a good compromise in the end. Also learned many new things. Maybe I would even be ready to create a really good map now after all, but I think that it's gonna be the final one. I really like making maps, but it has become too time consuming over the years for just being a hobby. Unfortunately I never managed to get a job in the games industry. So that's it. I hope it's a worthy ending of 20 years of making maps for me. ūüôā

Shore is a bomb defusal map for CS:GO that takes place on Lofoten Islands, Norway. (Also have a Hostage version of this that works well imo)

Workshop link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2955084102

I took some inspiration from this place in Norway:

Layout:

Some pictures:
      • 15 replies