Sign in to follow this  
atrocity

de_distillery

Hey everybody!

It has been a while since I have posted anything, but I thought this would be the best place to share my next personal project de_distillery. Distillery is based around a fictional distillery and is set in a loose version of Edinburgh Scotland. Since a trip I took to Scotland a few years back, I have been dying to build a level that is set there. After being inspired by de_highlands, I knew I needed to start making my idea come to life. I started the blockout a few weeks ago and try to work on it when I am free after work. I've been able to iterate on the level after hosting some small playtests with friends. I am hoping to have this public on the workshop here shortly, and then having larger playtests to gather more feedback.

Update 9/18/19: Swapped out the old Minimap with a TAR version.
Update 9/17/19: After a playtest this evening, I pushed the map live to the workshop. I will continue working away and posting updates. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1843682152 

de_distillery_019_radar.jpg.ea41e8623f4952c28792ee1fef887343.jpg

de_disitllery_018_01.jpg

de_disitllery_018_02.jpg

de_disitllery_018_03.jpg

de_disitllery_018_04.jpg

de_disitllery_018_05.jpg

de_disitllery_018_06.jpg

de_disitllery_018_07.jpg

Edited by atrocity

Greybox looking awesome. Just, I think having a open road like this in your map is going to make things very complicated for CS:GO. Also with all the cars and stuff to play arround, kinda no option to smoke things off and stuff like that. For your own good, I would keep it as simple as possible, screw details for now and get the layout right and do alot of playtests. 

Edit: Oh and use TAR radar to get a nice clear radar on a very easy way, it also helps us to judge your layout

Edited by Roald

Thanks Roald. I have been running some playtests with friends as I have been building it and you are correct that the open nature of some of the streets/bomb site A does complicate things. We have been doing some smoke grenade tests, and I have made some changes over the previous iterations to help make these more effective. So far, those changes seem to be helping. However, there's always room for improvement.

I was checking out the TAR tools the other day. I just downloaded them and will try and have that up and running for the next version.

15 hours ago, Roald said:

Edit: Oh and use TAR radar to get a nice clear radar on a very easy way, it also helps us to judge your layout

I got TAR setup and produced a TAR radar. Way cleaner and easier to understand. Good call!

Update 9/20/19:

Fixed various bugs related to sightlines, lighting, and cover from the previous round of testing.

Adjusted light and fog settings for gameplay and aesthetics.

Adjusted color scheme and height adjustments of minimap.

20190920002952_2.jpg

20190920003028_1.jpg

20190920003054_1.jpg

20190920003120_1.jpg

de_distillery_019_radar.jpg