Hello everyone! This is my second csgo map that I'm working on, playable version and radar will be later as I'm still experimenting with the layout.

Here are some parts of the map that look more or less finished..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Release version:

Workshop link

Spoiler

20190830074726_1.jpg20190830075101_1.jpg20190830080208_1.jpg20190830075252_1.jpg20190830075342_1.jpg20190830075651_1.jpg20190830080135_1.jpg

Edited by AK Addict

Very nice! But a bit dry for an Oasis? :) Is there some water or fountains in the plans?

The name "Oasis" is more like a metaphore here. This ruined temple located amid of a desert is a strategic point full of ammo and food supplies (wich are the objectives).. so it's kinda like an oasis) I acctually wanted a player to feel thirsty when playing this map)) Adding water would destroy the map legend but definitely would make it more visually appealing. Soo.. I have to think about it now) Thanks for your comment!))

1 minute ago, AK Addict said:

The name "Oasis" is more like a metaphore here. This ruined temple located amid of a desert is a strategic point full of ammo and food supplies (wich are the objectives).. so it's kinda like an oasis) I acctually wanted a player to feel thirsty when playing this map)) Adding water would destroy the map legend but definitely would make it more visually appealing. Soo.. I have to think about it now) Thanks for your comment!))

As long as there's intention behind it I dont think you should change your vision! I'm sure there's other ways to add visual appeal. Good luck with it.

ehi you take the same name of my map ? but it's alright, i guess suits more in your then in mine!

Oh my, I'm sorry for this!!! I should've look through the other threads before posting my own(( Ok, I might think about some other name options since your submission was first..

Reminds me A LOT of Oasis from Wolfenstein ET. Which is a good thing, because that game and map chewed up a lot of my childhood time. Maximum fun. The lore of that map was based around the terrorists trying to blow up a water pump providing the only source of water to the city from memory? Could be something to look into?

The simplified version of the map is finally on the workshop! Unfortunately I didn't have as much time for mapping as I wanted and for some reason I started to mess with textures and detailing before Im even sure about the layout)) Soo.. I just put it as it is..  Link is in the first comment.

de_oasis_v01_radar.jpg

Edited by AK Addict

• Mapcore Supporters

Funds go towards hosting and license costs, Discord server boosts, and more. If you'd like to donate, check out our Patreon announcement.