29 minutes ago, Interfearance said:

Layout is #1. This is why i made the graybox. Continue da legacy

That's true, I suppose I should stop worrying about the lighting right now and get the layout to a state where I feel it's ready for another playtest.

Speaking of the layout, the most common thing I've heard from people I've given tours to is that the map lacks negative space/it's too small. So I've stretched the A-Site away from the center of the map and plan to do the same with B-Site. Once both are ready, I'll see what cool new changes I can make with the newfound space.

(Also, new radar colors! Yay!)

de_blossom_radar.png

I can definitely see why youre getting that feedback. Your connectors kinda look like corridors that only exist because the layout needs them to. They look like they are only meant to be walked through, not played in.
In the game however these serve as vital areas to attack or defend mid and the bombsites. Try to flesh them out to be their own proper areas. Doing that will probably require them to grow a bit in size, giving you a bit more negative space and map size as a bonus.

image.png.135bd1e77c9a6186d634cdba02a7bd01.png

After way too much procrastination (A.K.A. Me playing way too much GTA 4),聽 I've decided to add a few more changes.

1. B-Site now has 2 entrances for terrorists. Before, 1 smoke could end their whole career.

2. B-Site has been moved further from middle for more negative space.

3. A-Site has a new entrance from the T-Side to the balcony. This is the change I'm most excited about.

I'd show some screenshots, but it's not even added yet聽馃槀 Time to get to work!

I love how visually strong this map is regarding identifying where in the world you are just by the screenshots of the greybox. Now textures have started to be thrown into the mix it's really looking great!

P.s.
I swear I've seen a post on my forum travels recently that was from you about a mall map idea?

On 11/1/2019 at 11:36 AM, DazRave said:

I love how visually strong this map is regarding identifying where in the world you are just by the screenshots of the greybox. Now textures have started to be thrown into the mix it's really looking great!

P.s.
I swear I've seen a post on my forum travels recently that was from you about a mall map idea?

Heh, that mall map ideas was actually 2 ideas.

1 was called Retail, set in an American shopping mall under renovation, it's still in the works but it's on hold because of the contest.

2 was called Dixon, this was is set in an abandoned Canadian shopping mall that's in a severe state of decay. It was originally thought up because of the contest, but it's too big a project to be done in the short timespan I have left.

I'm sure I'll get them both done one day though. And thanks for the compliments on the visuals, this map was the first that I really put a focus on identification聽:D

Edited by That50'sGuy