Just now, Vaya said:

no demo, sorry :(

If you review the feedback given though (CLIP better please!) we can look at playtesting you again asap.

Sounds good! Looks like I'll be spending my day adding lots and lots of clips!

So I've been doing a lot of things like adding clipping, making the sites easier to defend, and I'm gonna also add a third entrance to A-Site since at the moment, it's really not that interesting. I hope I'll be able to wrap up the layout quickly, as the deadline is coming soon and I have barely made anything in terms of custom assets.

Well... I've been playing so much GTA IV that I've been slacking on Blossom... This doesn't look good for me XD

Anyways, I spent the whole day modifying the layout somewhat and making it look a bit prettier. I'll be doing some playtesting for the map hopefully soon!

If my predictions are correct, this map will be ready for detailing in a month. So if you want to add any ideas, be sure to tell me any suggestions you have :)

In the meantime though, enjoy some screenshots!

20191011211805_1.jpg

20191011211827_1.jpg

20191011211819_1.jpg

20191011211904_1.jpg

20191011211942_1.jpg

Edited by That50'sGuy

Orange skies and pink trees? I'm not trying to discourage you from using the same time of day as I am (oh I definitely am trying) but that's got to look weird. Blue sky is overrated but Pink trees aren't common at all.

2 hours ago, Karthoum said:

Orange skies and pink trees? I'm not trying to discourage you from using the same time of day as I am (oh I definitely am trying) but that's got to look weird. Blue sky is overrated but Pink trees aren't common at all.

The trees are pink because they are cherry blossom trees 😂 Though if you're trying to say that the combination of pink and orange wouldn't be the best looking, then I could always change the time back to what it was. I'm really just trying to find a color scheme that feels "Japanese", if you catch my meaning :)

20191022204838_1.jpg

Edited by That50'sGuy

5 minutes ago, Karthoum said:

Yes the combination of trees and skies like that is what I meant and I'll be honest, it doesn't look pretty in that picture. Why not try it first with players and see what they think, maybe it's not that harsh on the eyes in motion?

I suppose it's back to tinkering with light_environment for me! I'll try out a few different times of days and try to get feedback on each one. Who knows, perhaps this map will end up looking like that dream I had about walking along a forest path at night 🤣

That brownish sky looks a bit depressing imo.
Did you try using a color scheme tool like paletton to get the color rights? When I look at pictures of japanese blossom trees online I mostly find examples using colors from a tetrad pink trees/green grass/blue sky, but if you're aiming for an evening feel you are better off using a gradient like Ben suggested, and perhaps toning down the saturation on the pink flowers a bit:

cherry-blossoms-national-festival.jpg

So I'll be sure to try some experiments with the lighting. But in the meantime, here's a little show of the map at night. It's unlikely I'm gonna keep it this way, but I just wanted to test it. I'll get to work on the refined lighting now.

20191022220137_1.jpg

EDIT: After a few experiments, I've finally decided to re-use the lighting from an old canceled map I was working on. How's this? :)

20191023103030_1.jpg

Edited by That50'sGuy