• 2 weeks later...

56 minutes ago, mtchromatic said:

Is that how you do the multi-level radar?

Multi-level radar is when the radar changes to a different radar, for lower and higher area's like de_nuke for example.

What I mean by using tar_overlap gives it stripes to indicate you're able to stand below and under it. You would use this for making a tunnel that would go under mix for example.

Of course I'm not the best teacher so I would recommend watching TopHATTWaffle video on TAR if you still don't get it.

23 minutes ago, P0TAT0 said:

Multi-level radar is when the radar changes to a different radar, for lower and higher area's like de_nuke for example.

What I mean by using tar_overlap gives it stripes to indicate you're able to stand below and under it. You would use this for making a tunnel that would go under mix for example.

Of course I'm not the best teacher so I would recommend watching TopHATTWaffle video on TAR if you still don't get it.

Thanks for clarifying. I was messing with the tar_divider or something like that this morning, and managed to break the lighting in the map. : /

I know that tar_overlap is a visgroup, I'll try that out later.

Oh dear.
I saved a new version of the map file to test some different spawns and bombsites, and when I loaded up the map, it stuttered like it was making a navmesh, then crashed.
Only indication of what was wrong was an error about EmitAmbientSound: warning, broadcasting sound labeled as SND_SPAWNING.
Map still didn't work after various things, removing custom textures, removing all ambient sounds and soundscapes, copying and pasting the map into a new file.
Some older versions didn't work.

Loading up the workshop version without the console worked perfectly, so I might have to start again from there.
99% of the changes were just to the radar, it won't be too annoying to redo.

Still going to try installing and compiling on another PC.

Compiled on different PC - crash still occurred with de_keg_v9.vmf

Not even going to investigate further at this point, just going to work off the workshop version and save more backups.

• MapCore on Discord

• Our picks

• Maginot [Wingman]
      Hello everybody!
      I'm creating a map (based on the Maginot Line) for the Wingman's Contest - provided by Source Engine's Discord.

I started the map 3 weeks ago and I'm on the detailing phase, slowly progreeding area by area, worried with the time left. I decided to follow this strategy: detail 75% of every area and after that (and gaining some time) I'd put some final touches + polishment + optimization.  

I wonder, should I keep doing it in a hurry or is it better to make it with no rush and patience (losing the deadline)? There's still a lot to do and I'd like to hear your opinions...
      • 25 replies