• 2 weeks later...

56 minutes ago, mtchromatic said:

Is that how you do the multi-level radar?

Multi-level radar is when the radar changes to a different radar, for lower and higher area's like de_nuke for example.

What I mean by using tar_overlap gives it stripes to indicate you're able to stand below and under it. You would use this for making a tunnel that would go under mix for example.

Of course I'm not the best teacher so I would recommend watching TopHATTWaffle video on TAR if you still don't get it.

23 minutes ago, P0TAT0 said:

Multi-level radar is when the radar changes to a different radar, for lower and higher area's like de_nuke for example.

What I mean by using tar_overlap gives it stripes to indicate you're able to stand below and under it. You would use this for making a tunnel that would go under mix for example.

Of course I'm not the best teacher so I would recommend watching TopHATTWaffle video on TAR if you still don't get it.

Thanks for clarifying. I was messing with the tar_divider or something like that this morning, and managed to break the lighting in the map. : /

I know that tar_overlap is a visgroup, I'll try that out later.

Oh dear.
I saved a new version of the map file to test some different spawns and bombsites, and when I loaded up the map, it stuttered like it was making a navmesh, then crashed.
Only indication of what was wrong was an error about EmitAmbientSound: warning, broadcasting sound labeled as SND_SPAWNING.
Map still didn't work after various things, removing custom textures, removing all ambient sounds and soundscapes, copying and pasting the map into a new file.
Some older versions didn't work.

Loading up the workshop version without the console worked perfectly, so I might have to start again from there.
99% of the changes were just to the radar, it won't be too annoying to redo.

Still going to try installing and compiling on another PC.

Compiled on different PC - crash still occurred with de_keg_v9.vmf

Not even going to investigate further at this point, just going to work off the workshop version and save more backups.

• MapCore on Discord

• Our picks

• Mapcore X Prodeus Winners Announced!
      The winners of Mapcore X2 Prodeus 
      1st place: Paws [ Retail Therapy ]
      P-link: m-MC0iuUs2j6

- $1,500.00 USD 
      - One year of Humble Choice 
      - Excalibur Shotgun and Gauntlets (skins)
      - Biker Gloves (skin) 
      - Special winners role on the Prodeus Discord

2nd Place: Grays [ Firebase Kodai ]
      P-link: m-5J9cCzaepH

- $1000.00 USD 
      - 1 month to Humble Choice 
      - Excalibur Gauntlets + Biker Gloves (skins) 

3rd Place: Vladd [ Maximum Menace ]
      P-link: m-9yZfaAliyx

- $500.00 USD 
      - 1 month to Humble Choice 
      - Biker Gloves (skin)

All of the winners will also be showcased on our Youtube channel, and because we had so many amazing entries, we’ll be showcasing parts of our Staff Picks too. 

We want to thank the wonderful folks over at Mapcore for hosting this sick competition, and a big ol shoutout to our sponsor Humble Games (who publish Prodeus), for making a large contribution to our prize pool this time around. 

Looking forward to the next competition already! Maybe will do a coop one with teams allowed? WHO KNOW!? Can't wait, see you then!

• 2 replies