Kokopelli

de_neighbors

5NERfYi.jpg

I just got a new PC and noticed for the first time the bloom intensity on this map was out of wack. That's what happens when you build a map on integrated graphics! So much better now.

dl4dsUs.jpg

I redesigned the layout of kid's room and removed some furniture for better mobility and additional after-plant positions.

pm5KL0a.jpg

CTs will now have a much easier time rushing through the window to get into A Site at the start of a round. And the extra space gives Ts in a post-plant scenario more options to defend from this location. -bed -cupboard -sidetable

xNglqmG.jpg

A Site / Living Room also went through the same process of removing furniture and making space for better mobility and additional post-plant positions. -couch -sidetable -boxes

kumBV3y.jpg

Edited by Kokopelli

1eCia4k.jpg

I decided CTs could use another way into B site to improve retakes and rotations, so I added a drainage pit.

hjc8PZj.jpg

Standing up here will give you a view of the connecting tunnel to pit. The planks on top of the grating are there to restrict some angles, keeping it tight and focused (have to be mindful of the surrounding height variations).

whHbPsm.jpg

The planks also give players a way to cross over pit and play the corner by the hedge without being seen from below.

iLtCtTA.jpg

CTs can drop down quickly at the start of the round and make it to B site a bit faster now. Also added pipes to let players boost up for rotations.

g85sxtI.jpg

Both teams can leverage pit to defend pushes from farside and backhill.

arzHNNw.jpg

Pit connects to the redesigned utility room.

ySRmEJV.jpg

Utility room now feels more a part of B site, whereas before it functioned more as a connector.

0KEtJyN.jpg

Hopefully the addition of pit and the expansion of utility room will make B site approaches and defenses more dynamic.

xz6KoJW.jpg

The idea of using form (refrence) to create function (layout) is intriguing. This resulted in a more believable theme that feels natural rather then forced. 

Here are a few thematic things I noticed:

-The transition from wood flooring to A site seems to abrupt and is not believable. I think a transitional strip of wood with a darker color between the areas would help. It is also worth mentioning that the colors don't completely work together. Maybe a lighter tone wood or darker carpeting would fix this.

-The hole in the wall at B is not very believable. The cinder blocks seem too large to fit in the wall, and all parts of the broken wall are perfect except for one corner. I don't think adding more sticking out, rotated, and broken blocks would be bad as long as they are out of sight lines when you are standing or crouching.

-The orange tarp on the scaffolding looks out of place and fits better in a large construction site. 

-The checkered carpet in your earlier screenshots isn't tiling right, or is unaligned. 

-I would experiment with replacing the planks leaning on the tree with a tree gaurd or something else natural and believable like the bags you see around trees to protect them: 

HTB1_cvmKFXXXXc6XpXXxh4dFXXX3.jpeg.50c2c71655d616b3919a791932f72fa2.jpeg

-The road (noticably) lacks central lane lines. 

-The garden overlooking drainage should have a larger variety of species and slightly denser. It looks really dead right now.

Csgo maps are really lenient with this stuff, but I feel like maintaining the realisticity in the details will help set the map even further apart.

As for actual gameplay, everything looks well thought out. Only playtesting can tell (assuming you haven't had it already or recently).

Edit: Your radar looks like it can use a custom gradient. The height variations are hard to make out.

Edited by Interfearance
Addition

@Interfearance Hey man, thanks so much for your thoughtful feedback. You make great points. I'll definitely address them in the next update.

I've done a ton of testing with bots and some games with a few friends, but have yet to put it through a real competitive pressure test. I'd like to get a proper playtest going soon.