Hey, First time mapper. Starting my post now, but have been working on an mountain top island map only accessible by cable car. I have played with making the map both a defusal or a hostage rescue. In the end I think I will try to have a version of both with slightly different routes.

Plot: locals are constantly being pushed off their own homeland due to the heavy increase of tourists. Some now have to live off island and commute to work for these ungrateful tourists. A group of rebels want to create terror to scare away these tourists. Their main goal is to blow up the cable car, but they would settle on a tourist information kiosk if necessary. 

Ill be sharing some progress soon, best of luck all! 

5_radar_3.jpg

touristas_demo_5.jpg

5_radar_3_maptest.jpg

Edited by Donskioni
Reference Images added

3 hours ago, blackdog said:

Love the stylised overview map, despite not being on current guidelines, it’s clear and pretty

Hey thanks so much for the feedback! I intend on making a normal one as well, but what do you mean by "not being on current guidelines"?

3 hours ago, CommonCrayon said:

Looks nice, but i'm concerned with the amount of tight corridors. 

Hey, thanks for the feedback! Ive been working on adjusting the layout as a whole, but have to build a new sky box before I can upload a new overview ;) . Ive been very focused on giving all the weapons a chance to shine depending on the contact point.

Hey @Donskioni, Welcome to the community, It's good to have you!

Cool stuff, be sure to post a few more screenshots or a workshop link so we can look at the spaces!

On 7/10/2019 at 1:06 PM, Donskioni said:

touristas_demo_5.jpg

Yeah there's definitely something weird about this lighting... I recommend your refer to the sky list and check out the lighting values they're using for a given sky. That should give great results and be an ideal starting point to tweak the lighting however you like!

Keep it up, Good luck with the contest!!

14 hours ago, MikeGon said:

Hey @Donskioni, Welcome to the community, It's good to have you!

Cool stuff, be sure to post a few more screenshots or a workshop link so we can look at the spaces!

Yeah there's definitely something weird about this lighting... I recommend your refer to the sky list and check out the lighting values they're using for a given sky. That should give great results and be an ideal starting point to tweak the lighting however you like!

Keep it up, Good luck with the contest!!

wow... I didnt realize the sky list was so large! I had played around a bit but that is super helpfull, thankyou @MikeGon ! I have been working on a very large rework and will ppost a workshop spot asap! 

Tour_V12_Pix.thumb.jpg.df735347ac7c1b4e1756311e322e4ebf.jpg
Whew, here are a bunch of screen grabs to show off some of the geometry. I am aware of a lot of lighting issues at this point, but have been reworking alot of the maps dimensions and flow. Plan on posting a workshop link this week!