I finally got round to making a radar with TAR:

de_patoosh_v9_tar_radar.png.6332b3ad706bc0663f3b83dfe335b57a.png

Unfortunately I had to hide most of the underpass, because otherwise the overview would look like a confusing mess. Maybe some day I'll make a second level for it like bombsite B in Nuke.

Haven't had the chance to look in-game but from looking at what's shown here I have 2 worries:

1. Mid control seems really strong for CT's, it might worth looking into a longer but safer route to A (left) from T Spawn

2. The sky being so open could lead to very easy yet powerful flashes/smokes that are hard to play around

The Ts do have a safe route to A: that's the underpass.

As for flashes and smokes, I'm keeping them in for now just like the many wallbangs: I'd rather have too much now and remove them later than not have enough to start with.

11 hours ago, Viiconov said:

The Ts do have a safe route to A: that's the underpass.

As for flashes and smokes, I'm keeping them in for now just like the many wallbangs: I'd rather have too much now and remove them later than not have enough to start with.

Fair enough :)

The deadline is getting close,  so here's what's up with me and my map.

20200110161914_1.jpg.44ae8483ecaaade846b09dc8d71bf0f2.jpg

The playable area of the map is done, and the level of detail is roughly the same everywhere, apart from the background mountains, which turned out to be a lot harder to make than I expected.

Still I'm leaving it here, because I've run out of motivation for it. I'm not even sure whether my bombsites are any good, so I can't justify putting any more work into it. I guess I see this as a "proof of concept" for a map. Or somthing like that.

Anyway, here's a link to its Workshop page, if you're interested. The best of luck to all the rest of you!

Edited by Viiconov

Why does this map have this aura of wholesome cuteness? Everything is on the grid but the layout is solid. The theme is nothing special but oddly wholesome. Details are rare and expected but weirdly honest.

I want to pet this map.

What have you done?

Edited by Tynnyri

2 hours ago, Tynnyri said:

Why does this map have this aura of wholesome cuteness? Everything is on the grid but the layout is solid. The theme is nothing special but oddly wholesome. Details are rare and expected but weirdly honest.

I want to pet this map.

What have you done?

This is the most blessed comment on the internet...

Good job.

On 1/16/2020 at 11:34 AM, Tynnyri said:

I want to pet this map.

What have you done?

I wasn't expecting such a lovely comment! Thank you :)

Edited by Viiconov

4 hours ago, Viiconov said:

I wasn't expecting such a lovely comment! Thank you :)

Please work on it more, I think you can finish the little you have to change (clipping and skybox) in the time left!

It might not be balanced or even play that well (you can wallbang from T spawn to CT spawn with an AWP, but that's easy to fix) but at least fix the clipping and I am sure it will get further in the contest than my map.