On 2/1/2020 at 8:14 PM, Radix said:

I think it's a good idea to build something new (slow movement in water) on something proven ("3 lane"/"4 square" whatever layout).

So players feel immediately "at home" in the map and are willing to learn the new things. If you add do too many new things at once players might be frustrated.

I think you did a good job here.

You bring up a valid point, and while I am not criticizing this map's design, it is too often the case that maps choose to change things up within the 4 leaf clover. I know that there are alternate ways of pathing that work, I have spent a long time playing around with configurations on paper and in grayboxes. An example is inner bombsites with less space apart and with outer rotations.

13 hours ago, Interfearance said:

You bring up a valid point, and while I am not criticizing this map's design, it is too often the case that maps choose to change things up within the 4 leaf clover. I know that there are alternate ways of pathing that work, I have spent a long time playing around with configurations on paper and in grayboxes. An example is inner bombsites with less space apart and with outer rotations.

Something like Nuke? That would very interesting to see!

53 minutes ago, Tynnyri said:

Something like Nuke? That would very interesting to see!

I think Nuke is functionally still a 3 lane thing but with bombsites on top of each other, which is a terrible idea nowadays. I think something like train (but with less annoying bombsites) would be more reasonable.

But I suggest to move this discussion somewhere else. This thread belongs to de_swamp. ;)

Really enjoy this layout and I think the art is some of the best in the contest. I feel visibility needs to be a focus of future updates along with better signposting - in for example CT spawn - of what is walkable and what you need to jump to maintain speed. Not sold on the slow water thing but I trust bubkez and untor to make the right call. 

10 days have passed, we had feedback, thank you all. What will be in the next update?
- Many fixes for overlaps, gapes, and more.
- Update timing for CT Side, and changes spawn position.
- Add some new details for navigation voice tag.
- Replace old displacement waterplant blending to prop overlay
- New boat for T side and A bombsite (yes, re-model from canals boat) 
A7ECB2B41C298F00D4FE9B1EF608841315D1A97C

Hi untor and bubkez,

Love the map and the layout! I've been playing a lot of 1v1s and deathmatch on it and it seems pretty balanced and great fun to play. The art and custom models are fantastic and I'd say this map is in the top 4, if not the best, of the competition.

I did find a bug though - the farthest window on B fades out too early, meaning that you can't see it from the back of water:
2010411301_Counter-Strike_GlobalOffensive16_02_20209_55_17PM.png.c3a93dcf9dc7f4336864d64669c90fbe.png

Also, I don't know if this is intentional but grenades bounce weirdly off of the square paving stones on the floor next to B Main. It would make nades a lot more consistent if they were flattened.

Keep up the good work and I hope to see this on Faceit!

Edited by Ethan Westera

Hey, I have played 2 matches already. Layout seems cool but maybe too hard without grenades? For me water is more annoying than fun and cool future. Maybe think about removing it or reducing areas with water? Also visibility is pretty bad on this map with all this green CT skins. Finally I think CT need some cover on outside A, something like tree or plank of wood. TT needs just 1-2 flashes to dominate this area (if they find a green opponent in a green area which is really hard and annoying). I like the map and wish you all the best.

20200218004820_1.jpg.e5e6a56393969a603bd6ae7d40fae02e.jpg