• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the outskirts of Louisiana! A bomb defusal map set in a swamp where the wood industry once glowed with enthusiasm and joy but then was forgotten by man. The sound of machines and human

First concept scene from the Swamp map.  Layout is still in development.  As soon as we finish the first stage of the layout development, we will try to conduct a public test.

Every night - compiling Every day - found some issues and bugs Soon we can play - every night and every day!  New radar and some new screens from spawns and bombsite B! 

Posted Images

I really love the map, when i was running around on it i really didnt like that your not able to run in the water. It is an good idea but there is quite a big part of the map that you are not able to run at, just walk. I feel that it forces players to go certain ways to avoid being slow. For example around the b site (which i really think you should be able to move freely), if you are tight of time you are forced to a certain path. Or in t-spawn, the left path is instant walk. (maybe make the water a bit deeper in t-spawn so you will walk but around the b-site you are able to move freely)

I need to play competetive on it to see if it feels better i think :)  And i do understand that in the way it forces you to walk have alot impact on the timeings on the map aswell

Other than that i love the map. 

Edited by judas
On 1/29/2020 at 4:56 PM, judas said:

I really love the map, when i was running around on it i really didnt like that your not able to run in the water. It is an good idea but there is quite a big part of the map that you are not able to run at, just walk. I feel that it forces players to go certain ways to avoid being slow. For example around the b site (which i really think you should be able to move freely), if you are tight of time you are forced to a certain path. Or in t-spawn, the left path is instant walk. (maybe make the water a bit deeper in t-spawn so you will walk but around the b-site you are able to move freely)

I need to play competetive on it to see if it feels better i think :)  And i do understand that in the way it forces you to walk have alot impact on the timeings on the map aswell

Other than that i love the map. 

Thanks for the feedback!
The reason why a player goes slow where there is "slime" is because to avoid players not choosing to always use shortcuts or to run around in the slime more than necessary.
You have a choice to choose it on certain rounds which can be crucial as it opens up new angles to a bombsite eg.
The map is designed so even if you choose to go to the middle in slime as a terrorist after spawn you still have great timing against CT in the middle but you always have a choice to avoid water and slime completely.
It is a new unique way to get a player to make decisions and a good way to "limit" one such open map in a smooth way.

Gret map overall, and it will be interesting to see what players think of the slime feature. I found some issues.

This mesh gets in the way of seeing players. It is in a lot of places, and whilst it looks great and adds to the theme, I think it will annoy a lot of players.

de_swamp0000.jpg.b257390b769e50156fcc8385d43757d9.jpg

It can be quite hard to clearly see players here, especially up against blood stained walls.de_swamp0002.jpg.c5485eb3b896815948825ac7437d575a.jpg

This path here I think could be better defined. I only found it after 20 rounds or so, and that was by accidentally pushing up against the ladder.

de_swamp0003.jpg.70b3ee94e816cb8878a433a2cf3d9120.jpg