Graveyard

...time has past since the events that drought Suez Canal in 2026, stranded under the scorching sun on a sea of sand lies the remains of the CVN-class warship "Carry". A place the locals named the Graveyard.

Download here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1984503966

de_graveyard_vista.jpg.131a4a0f9bbeb309a2ac7bce310f044c.jpg

Example of exterior

de_graveyard_exterior.jpg.90aabde01b9ee7f28c2f5c7b950fdb91.jpg

Example of interior:

de_graveyard_interior.jpg.bbf24ea1a9f082b2cac5b50483c34128.jpg

A-site, exterior

de_graveyard_asite.jpg.f1cfba0e2751b4f06db218d3a2c44025.jpg

B-site, interior

de_graveyard_bsite.jpg.ca11826b510aa261cc0cf83a3c70a52d.jpg

Edited by mr.P
added download link

• 2 weeks later...

Some progress, all screen grabs are taken outside of the playable area...

T spawn by the cars, the broken elevator serves as entry point to the main hangar

gy_a02_t_spawn.thumb.JPG.91444ad54f73b660383c18262a0a5a65.JPG

The stern, backside of the map with a ramp leading up to a objective, propellers will be added later

gy_a02_stern.thumb.JPG.f97ba4645f3f7caa4f2bcf20f913dae4.JPG

Ct spawn, starboard side, defenders start on the elevator with instant access to the hangar

gy_a02_ct_spawn.thumb.JPG.00b4e47c7869c00d5fd856a080f433f8.JPG

On 7/5/2019 at 1:30 AM, JackT said:

layout image when? im actually excited to play with map.

aww thanks, that makes me happy,

I was planning to keep the majority of development private until we are closer to the contest deadline, but I will keep posting wip's 

Where did you get that model cuz damn that thing slaps. You might want to break something else big like the bridge or its radars, cuz it looks a little too pristine.

@JackT I used to play test with friends too keep my "epic" maps private so I could blow people out of the water with my new Dust 2 XD. It doesn't really matter who they are as long as they are players who explain their opinions, because they are ultimately the end users.

Edited by Interfearance

• 2 weeks later...

This map is available to download here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1833955880

Been having some issues with textures etc, but hopefully it should work now, ironically I forgot to change the visibility to friends only which drew a larger crowd than I wanted (I usually upload my wip's and keep it as hidden/friends only for a few days so its buried in the noise) ...thankfully the steamworkshop bots saw that the submission was trending and downvoted it, crazy to see how fast they are!! haha

Where did you get that model cuz damn that thing slaps. You might want to break something else big like the bridge or its radars, cuz it looks a little too pristine.

@JackT There is a playable version available now, still very wip, but it's at least something...

@Interfearance The model originates from another unreleased/unfinished project, I hope that the completed version will look a little bit less pristine,

@Ynel Thanks, you can try it out now if you want

@JorisCeoen Ah yeah, you are right, never played that game so had to google it

@Vanx Thanks, will see how much the carrier affects the performance, I don't think it will be any problems, its rather few polys and very simple geometry (all static)

Edited by mr.P
realized that I haven't replied to any posts, rude! :)

• 2 months later...

today was the first day in months that I had time to work on my submission, I've started to add som details to the outside area, also did some optimization this area was previously around ~180FPS (now ~280FPS)
in addition I've also tested all the new player skins, to see if readability was compromised - it wasn't,

gy_a07_t_spawn.JPG