de_zenith

We have been working on a map since years that we would like to enter into the competition, the alpha was released in 2016.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=737386777

Since then we have been playtesting it with a hand picked group of people. And it will hopefully be ready in a few months.

This is the concept art for the map:

Spoiler

de_zenith_bv04_12_lighting.jpg

You can find more info here: 

Edited by KODIAK

46 minutes ago, text_fish said:

Sorry Kodiak I think this entry might fall foul of Rule 4 of the entry guidelines, which you can read here: 

It does not. I've run around this map, it's basically some custom developer textures tinted to different colors, and some sprinkled around props. That doesn't rise to the level of significant art.

We do appreciate people paying attention to the rules and keeping entries honest, though.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The past months we have been fixed every known problems of Zenith. I published the latest update today so at this point I consider this project complete.

The detailed lists of fixes can be found under the change notes tab:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/changelog/1855652898

For some extra media content I planned to record progress with moving cameras back in 2016 when our beta series has started.

In the end I saved 253 vmf files all together. Each of them were cleaned, optimized (too detailed brushwork because of proxy porps) and received the camera set.

The most interesting part of this was to place the cameras and plan their movement in a way so that they won't clip thorugh the walls causing a black screen. (even in the early alphas when the geometry was morphing the most)

It's meant to impress as a video first, so if you want to observe the details more don't forget to adjust the playback speed : ) Enjoy!

Edited by r.man MMXV

I mean.... Yeah, this map wasn't 'released' to the public (only some playtest videos), but this map was almost done in January... And that was a long time ago, not sure how I feel about it, becosue you had so much more time, for everything... It just simply wasn't out in the workshop. (And they started working on it, in decembot of 2015 )

And don't get me wrong, what you did, is absolutely stunning, and you deserve to win this competition, it just feels unfair.

Edited by Ynel

On 6/17/2019 at 4:38 PM, text_fish said:

Sorry Kodiak I think this entry might fall foul of Rule 4 of the entry guidelines, which you can read here: 

On 6/17/2019 at 5:21 PM, FMPONE said:

It does not. I've run around this map, it's basically some custom developer textures tinted to different colors, and some sprinkled around props. That doesn't rise to the level of significant art.

We do appreciate people paying attention to the rules and keeping entries honest, though.

Mmh don’t want to be the one that is not even participating and just criticises, but how about the submission to the contest was done with a different account than the one closing the final version?

Is there a public file history for workshop files?

There’s always a way to find loopholes and in their defence they have been at least super transparent with even time-lapse, but one would like people to take advantage of the rule to pick back up a long abandoned map… this is exactly the “development in secret for years on end” people were concerned last time(?).

Edited by blackdog

• Mapcore Supporters

Funds go towards hosting and license costs, Discord server boosts, and more. If you'd like to donate, check out our Patreon announcement.