to after checking with fmpone i'll make a second entry to this contest: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1569226847

this is a project im currently working on. the layout needs some testing but i don't have enough friends to test it 5v5. The theming will be a victorian/industrial english kinda theme. the map is located in a harbor city with on bombsite on the docks and one on a ship that is going to be repaired or built. Im happy for any feedback. the more drastic the better because im at a point where im not quite sure what to do with it. I'll probably give more information in the following days.

DRASTIC FEEDBACK:

• You need more vertical elements throughout your map. Some can get away without much, but even maps like cache and inferno are littered with stairs and ramps. Another casual example is the raised T spawn on dust 2 or its sloping middle. Flat maps are boring to the player. (maybe a raised town square, a traditional bridge, a sloping street)
  • Even though middle is supposed to be T sided, 3 entrances to it from T alone is a bit excessive. My suggestion would be to cut the one closest to the ship. It would remove the annoyance of getting shot in the back if T's want to attack A site.
  • Try to reduce the amount of 90 degree angles on your map. It makes it feel stiff and can disrupt flow (ease of moving around without being confused).
  • B and A are actually leagues better than the rest of the map, because they both have interesting geometry, and more specifically A has an awesome idea behind it. 

Overall I am confused because the sites look like they were made by another person who is an decently experienced user of hammer. If they weren't then you probably didn't plan the rest of the map very well and just blocked it out on a whim. When you plan it again (which you should), start with less connections and add them as you play test and find a need for them. Also, if you are having trouble with interesting geometry look at reference photos! Adapt what you can into the map: "A stagger between two buildings is cover" "The bend in that road cuts off an overpowered sightline". I think you get the idea.Image result for english victorian townImage result for english victorian townImage result for english victorian townImage result for english victorian town

5 hours ago, Interfearance said:

DRASTIC FEEDBACK:

• You need more vertical elements throughout your map. Some can get away without much, but even maps like cache and inferno are littered with stairs and ramps. Another casual example is the raised T spawn on dust 2 or its sloping middle. Flat maps are boring to the player. (maybe a raised town square, a traditional bridge, a sloping street)
  • Even though middle is supposed to be T sided, 3 entrances to it from T alone is a bit excessive. My suggestion would be to cut the one closest to the ship. It would remove the annoyance of getting shot in the back if T's want to attack A site.
  • Try to reduce the amount of 90 degree angles on your map. It makes it feel stiff and can disrupt flow (ease of moving around without being confused).
  • B and A are actually leagues better than the rest of the map, because they both have interesting geometry, and more specifically A has an awesome idea behind it. 

Overall I am confused because the sites look like they were made by another person who is an decently experienced user of hammer. If they weren't then you probably didn't plan the rest of the map very well and just blocked it out on a whim. When you plan it again (which you should), start with less connections and add them as you play test and find a need for them. Also, if you are having trouble with interesting geometry look at reference photos! Adapt what you can into the map: "A stagger between two buildings is cover" "The bend in that road cuts off an overpowered sightline". I think you get the idea.Image result for english victorian townImage result for english victorian townImage result for english victorian townImage result for english victorian town

oh my i didn't expect to get feedback that quickly :D first of all thank you very much for the feedback you were right on point with planing ("If they weren't then you probably didn't plan the rest of the map very well and just blocked it out on a whim") i will consider your feedback and make rework of the rest of the map. (i have some reference photos and will upload a moodboard the next couple of days but your photos will probably replace some of the junk i have :D)