Sign in to follow this  
blackdog

Vampire Bloodlines 2

Thought we had this topic, but I can’t find!

In-game trailer released today

I dunno, didn’t get me very excited, seems they rushed to put it together as it tries to tell a story but jumps from one thing to the other.

In case you wanna replay Bloodlines 1

On 6/10/2019 at 3:58 PM, blackdog said:

Thought we had this topic, but I can’t find!

In-game trailer released today

I dunno, didn’t get me very excited, seems they rushed to put it together as it tries to tell a story but jumps from one thing to the other.

Also, this trailer needs more attention! I knew this game was gonna come out, but now that I've watched the above video, I'm actually pretty hyped. It's got a lot of "immersive sim" genre vibes, which is my favourit genre of games. (FPS RPG with great story)

Also, no way on earth this will see a Q1 2020 release, which is actually good I guess, so many good games out these next couple of months.
I tried to dig around for more info on this game, and I had to dig deep into a Dev Diary, seems like they passed alpha in late last year.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/532790/announcements/detail/1687093048747320602

The character art is sub-par, probably shouldn't have used regular NPC's you encounter in the game so prominently in a trailer. Some of those characters look straight out of a The Sims game, not sure if it's the render of this engine, lighting or whatever is going on.

But, it's the only gripe I have with it really. I'm actually very looking forward to this, for a while now. Immersive sims aren't exactly a dime a dozens these days, so part of me really hopes the whole package of this turns out to be excellent. 

Well if they wanted to make their Unreal Engine 4 look like it was developed on a custom branch of the Source engine, just to continue from the original... they succeeded 😁
I remember watching a video sometime ago where I had the same criticism as per above posts, was expecting stuff to be improved over time but it doesn't seem it will happen.

I haven't played the original, it looked clunky at the time of release, I don't want to get into it unless they plan a remaster/remake. But this looks very intriguing, the little gameplay that is visible in the video seems to take many hints from Dishonored... which is good.