Deathloop - New Arkane Lyon's game

On 9/21/2020 at 11:33 AM, Buddy said:

I think this will Bomb hard commercialy. It's one of those games that have not been explained well enough to the casual player.

I stand by this still, I wonder what the numbers are. Steam reviews are not so good so far, Mixed (695)

I don’t trust user reviews pooped out this quickly. It’s literally come out today; I wouldn’t review a game after 1 session unless it was really terrible*, and this doesn’t look terrible… just maybe “complex”**.

And something this “complex” needs some actual playtime to judge? Like you’d need to get close to the endgame… otherwise it’s like Returnal, that appears as “too difficult”.

Google search brings up 86% Metacritic and some 5/5 from the likes of Eurogamer or Gamespot btw, a legit buy for anyone that likes the previous games or the genre.

*I hardly invest time reviewing unless really triggered.
**As complex as any other Arkane game, I see it as a streamlined Dishonoured if anything.

Edited by blackdog

Okay, let's do dis

image.png.994cd9158fc7ddf9c22a75a1db727875.png

On 9/14/2021 at 12:25 PM, blackdog said:

I don’t trust user reviews pooped out this quickly. It’s literally come out today; I wouldn’t review a game after 1 session unless it was really terrible*, and this doesn’t look terrible… just maybe “complex”**.

And something this “complex” needs some actual playtime to judge? Like you’d need to get close to the endgame… otherwise it’s like Returnal, that appears as “too difficult”.

Google search brings up 86% Metacritic and some 5/5 from the likes of Eurogamer or Gamespot btw, a legit buy for anyone that likes the previous games or the genre.

*I hardly invest time reviewing unless really triggered.
**As complex as any other Arkane game, I see it as a streamlined Dishonoured if anything.

I'm getting the same feeling I got from Dishonored 2 at the start. I think there's just too much information and too many menus being thrown at you. Which are pulling you out of the immersion a bit. And I know you can disable most of those, but I'm afraid of missing some important info :) 

Otherwise, so far so good! I'm stopping way too often to check out how stylish it all looks. I really need to stop taking so many screenshots.

On 9/14/2021 at 4:52 PM, ElectroSheep said:

People just don't update their drivers and then are not happy when everything is burning.

I was expecting a dumpster fire after seeing some reviews, but it runs pretty well even with raytracing on my smashing new 3060 (ok to be fair there's some dips in open areas)

Edited by Radu

6 hours in and I've just shaken the training wheels. It does like to take it's time to explain how to "break the loop" which I honestly don't mind. theres a lot of mechanics and systems that needs a thorough explanation since it feels like the game opens up a lot after that.

Some signs of a bumpy launch. I would have loved to try out online on my first level when making my first assassination but I couldn't connect to the online service yesterday. The game itself works amazingly good on PS5 with the 60fps mode.

A funny incident with my first AI Julianna encounter. I had just setted up a turret for no apparent reason in the rooftop next to Colts aparment and when she showd up, I just ran past my turret off the rooftop and she just ran into my turret and got shred to pieces instantly. So my first Julianna encounter lasted less than 30 seconds.

I quite like it so far!