My entry for the Exotic Place mapping Contest!

Concept

"A strong sandstorm hit a modern city in the Middle East. What remains after  is a devastated city covered in sand. The CTs are mobilizing for the evacuation of civilians, while the T's intend to destroy two vital strategic positions: a launch of supplies landed inside a luxury palace or a truck full of water stocks in a road tunnel, near a military checkpoint .

Tthe loss of one of the two objectives will lead to the retreat of the Counter Terrorist, to the conquest of the territory of the Ts, intent on loot what remains of the city."

The idea is to create a map of the disconnections with a theme that has its roots in Middle Eastern environments (Dust, Dust, 2, Mirage), but with a more modern approach (Overpass, Nuke, Agency).The presence of sand and the destruction caused by the sandstorm, tries to give an exotic touch to the map in general.

The main source of inspiration is certainly the game environment of Spec Ops: The Line. I think that game has a phenomenal artistic style and I thought it might be fun to do an elaborate version for CS:GO.

Layout

Spoiler

1462431269_OasisRadar_A2.png.5458d6feb9a3a47c784e138129c045c5.png

The brighter sand color indicates higher altitude

The darkest sand color indicates the lower altitude

The brown/contrasted areas indicates which are the interior spaces.

Thanks to Terri for this amazing tool!

Screenshots

Spoiler

20191006190826_1.jpg.a792cc3b5bdab775aee81faa18a8502e.jpg20191006191120_1.jpg.f88bf9eeabd0901136c680ed4cd4b5f2.jpg20191006191022_1.jpg.5a8c3d0836c7b7571bacf9cb6565acd8.jpg20191006190922_1.jpg.3a9cd3b545341b8c3f5fe6f11095bc6b.jpg20191006191043_1.jpg.dff92893a15f122beac9a77be8a5a4c6.jpg20191006190702_1.jpg.af2f2b8c9a2c9e97896f99b28e3f7acf.jpg

Edited by Boccolotto
Last Update [06/10/2019]

The topic has updated! with a rielaborate concept of the map, adding a reference table and the layout of the first alpha version of the map. I put so much time in backbone of the layout because i want to be sure it can be balance as possible. 
Next things to do are replace ladder with a staircase on the connector of MID to A and maybe a second external passage connecting T Spawn to the main path B.

I'm gonna work now for a full greybox map after other timing test. Then i gonna make a release version for playtesting and feedback, when I have a solid space with covers, nade spots, optimization and a distinctive trait for every room on the map!

Edited by Boccolotto

3 hours ago, Shaddo said:

Hey looks nice !

I like the parallelograms on site A ! What kind of road are you planning to do on these ?

Thank you! 😃

Bomb Site A is the most raw part I have created, most likely it will have a drastic change in its structure.

I think about an almost destroyed underground tunnel, with a maintenance room as the connector for T, and a military checkpoint as CT entrance in the bomb site. 
The challenge is controlling the long sights created by the roads : i will use big sand dunes, debris of the tunnel and vehicles for create good angles.

Edited by Boccolotto

1 hour ago, Boccolotto said:

Thank you! 😃

Bomb Site A is the most raw part I have created, most likely it will have a drastic change in its structure.

I think about an almost destroyed underground tunnel, with a maintenance room as the connector for T, and a military checkpoint as CT entrance in the bomb site. 
The challenge is controlling the long sights created by the roads : i will use big sand dunes, debris of the tunnel and vehicles for create good angles.

Damn, sounds good ! I want to see how you will handle this !

First post has been updated, after a long period of silence, with a new description, updated layout and first screenshots! 

The map is slowly evolving, the timings seem to be very good, both in terms of engagement and of rotation.

I started the blocking phase (Blocktober 😬) and I will try to simplify the areas as much as possible to make navigation easier, CK and bombsite will be more structured.

CT side is still very rough (cleary visible in the upper right part of the map) but I already have some ideas in mind.

I removed the reference table because it was now obsolete.

Point to release a playable greybox version for November.

Edited by Boccolotto