I saw everyone piling up reference images, so I thought, why don't I reserve my exotic spot as well.

Here's where it's gonna take place:

GsHYWi8.jpg

Chittorgarh - India

The layout is very experimental and the best way I can sketch it out is something like this:

dnRCcsp.png

The timings are in such way that if CTs were to go straight to the bomb sites, the encounter would happen right before the entrance of the sight and they won't have much time to prepare and take further positions, but they can choose to send several units on a risky middle route, which only CTs can access, without a boost, that gives them a chance to attack the Ts before they've reached the sites and allow their teammates on the site to get a more advantageous position. It's also a good flanking path. The sites are generally easier to take than on other maps, but with this new middle path CTs can surprise attack the Ts and they can never expect when the action is going to begin. This middle route is also made in such way that it allows both teams to take sound cues and listen if there is anyone rushing. A CT rushing down the middle route can communicate to his teammates which site the Ts are rushing in and tell them to hold back, while he prepares to flank them, or plan a double pressure attack. I don't know if this is gonna work, but I'm willing to try my best to realize my idea.

I'm going to post some greybox images this weekend or next week at latest.

I'm also looking for someone to collab with. Ideally I wanna be doing the level design on a large scale, meaning the general layout idea, and then we can split the second greyboxing architecture pass, and I'm gonna be making props and textures, while you are placing them around. We can split the work 50/50, I have a pretty wide skillset and I go deep in color theory. If you're interested and you wanna work on a theme like this, hit me up. You can check out my portfolio, if you think I'm worthy: https://nikio.artstation.com/

Edited by NikiOo

2 hours ago, blackdog said:

I like the look of it, @NikiOo can you also plant on the platform or only ground level?

At the moment you can only plant the bomb on the ground, since the upper level is only accessible with a boost from this side.

So I've pretty much blocked it all out, just need to close off all the edges and It'll be ready for some tests with bots.

Here's A site, inspired by some Quake map:

phRUmz9.jpg

bad. very blocky. plywood 👌

Here's what you'd call middle, with it's weird gimmicky shit:

B87GYdR.jpg

There's also a ladder on the right up to that gap in the wall, but it's invisible.

And here's B site, where nothing has changed cause I haven't tested it and it seems fine to me:

wdPGG3A.jpg

Oh, and there's also a 3 way underground area bellow the big pool of water, which acts as a sewer or something:

5P5F7GN.jpg

There's gonna be somewhere between 4 and 7 one ways on the map. Heavy negotiations might take it down to three, but most likely not.

It's a very teamwork-y work-y map, so there's gonna be a lot of boosting your teammates.

Here's the radar:

Spoiler

JH3RzRU.png

except A is a little more complex.

And here's the rush choke points in green:

Spoiler

N7WcNlM.png

And yeah, the rocks are from the deathzone map, hr_massive or something, there's a lot of variety of shapes, so if you're comfortable with rotating and scaling props and placing them around, you can replicate pretty much any rock formation you're looking to make.

Edited by NikiOo

Schedule a playtest on mapcore and get some proper feedback from people! Looking at the overview, it seems pretty clean and fluid, but I find the CT spawn with that long pathway behind them towards B a bit awkward. Also, there are two mids? 

13 hours ago, Radu said:

Schedule a playtest on mapcore and get some proper feedback from people! Looking at the overview, it seems pretty clean and fluid, but I find the CT spawn with that long pathway behind them towards B a bit awkward. Also, there are two mids? 

Yeah, It will be ready for a playtest by the end of the week at latest.

Also the 'two mids' aren't really mids, I mean they don't act as a mid in the traditional sense, it's more of a mid in a way cobblestone's mid is a mid, also the many one way drops (which have officially been reduced to 5) remove the danger of over complication, unpredictability and utter chaos that two mids would pose.

Also the rotation time between the two bomb sites is roughly 18-19 seconds, which is relatively long, compared to other maps. I haven't tested other maps rotation timings myself, only looked at online metrics, but it does feel about 2-3 seconds too slow, and I don't know how much of an issue that is gonna be.

On a more serious note, though, I was thinking of making this door be close-able, but not toggle-able (this is where the choke point is), meaning that if the Ts allow CTs close to the door, they can just press 'E' and close it forever, permanently preventing Ts from taking this route to the bomb site till the end of the round. I think this would really contribute to the Exotic nature of the map:

20190613002124_1.jpg.5a6e7013987af15a286068f9ab49fa82.jpg

Edited by NikiOo

On 6/12/2019 at 11:37 PM, NikiOo said:

On a more serious note, though, I was thinking of making this door be close-able, but not toggle-able (this is where the choke point is), meaning that if the Ts allow CTs close to the door, they can just press 'E' and close it forever, permanently preventing Ts from taking this route to the bomb site till the end of the round. I think this would really contribute to the Exotic nature of the map:

this could make the map hella ct sided but maybe it would also bring most of the fights to this door. try it and if doesn't work change it back