Map Anguilla is set on a British overseas territory in the Lesser Antilles. Terrorists want to ruin one of the most wonderful tourist islands in Caribbean. The map's layout is so far almost done, and will soon be taken into playtesting stage. Once the layout is finished, I will probably update the pictures

Etravelconnect-4.jpg

Edited by Robika
Theme established

Alright, I have the first graybox version of this up and ready for playtesting! I have some in-game screenshots of the map.

The Bombsite A is set in and around a pool. It's inspiration is the "Frangipani Beach Resort" in Anguilla. It isn't really looking like its reference yet, but the theme and the bombsite is here!

20190711191140_1.jpg

The Bombsite B is set in and on top of a tunnel. It is in plan of renovation and Terrorists want to destroy its support beam to turn it into ruins.

20190711191246_1.jpg

20190711191301_1.jpg

Here are the pictures of the rest of the map:

20190711191153_1.jpg

20190711191226_2.jpg

20190711191233_1.jpg

Villa.jpg

Edited by Robika

Good stuff, Looking pretty!

What's the layout like? Got any topdown plan or screenshots?

Shot in the dark here, but I'm assuming you want the whole deck around your pool to be playable, correct? So the section of the deck that doesn't connect to anything (likely the segment that's most outside the map) probably needs to give some form of advantage, because players will rarely end up there by accident, nor will they decide to take that position especially if it takes a while to move around the pool.

I see a lot of flat ground in most of your screenshots, maybe consider adding a bit of height variation in there (slightly different levels, slopes, displacements...) Displacements, for the ground specifically, might feel like it should be done later, but since this affects gameplay I recommend doing this before making things look pretty.

(I'm making assumptions solely based on what I'm seeing though, a topdown plan would clarify things!)

Keep it up!

15 hours ago, MikeGon said:

Good stuff, Looking pretty!

What's the layout like? Got any topdown plan or screenshots?

Shot in the dark here, but I'm assuming you want the whole deck around your pool to be playable, correct? So the section of the deck that doesn't connect to anything (likely the segment that's most outside the map) probably needs to give some form of advantage, because players will rarely end up there by accident, nor will they decide to take that position especially if it takes a while to move around the pool.

I see a lot of flat ground in most of your screenshots, maybe consider adding a bit of height variation in there (slightly different levels, slopes, displacements...) Displacements, for the ground specifically, might feel like it should be done later, but since this affects gameplay I recommend doing this before making things look pretty.

(I'm making assumptions solely based on what I'm seeing though, a topdown plan would clarify things!)

Keep it up!

Yeah, I have the topdown layout, and also the map is on the workshop so you can check it out if you want, link is https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1790215180. It will also be playtested for the first time on Source Engine Discord playtesting servers at thursday, next week. Feel free to join *if* you want to. I will definitely take height variation in consideration. The timings on A site are a little bit tough but it works ok from my perspective. One thing worth saying: A site is a bit overscaled and open, it will probably be a bit resized. Here's the radar overview:  

image.png

Edited by Robika