On 6/10/2019 at 12:52 AM, That50'sGuy said:

That third picture looks just like one of the bombsites in de_biome. Maybe they used the same ref picture XD

I found these pictures a while ago, its Pionen Data Center in Sweden. I remember asking jd40 about it, and he said he did use those pictures and the place as one of the references for Biome.

@Karthoum Thank you for the kind words! Mid has taken on a different shape since the screenshot. Gray is train rails and the arrow head is the higher part of the ramp. The gray box is playable, but I want to add more definition to several corridors as well as make temporary mountains above the bunker I just posted.Untitled.png.b3eafcd0ed2888e1c0757a6455957b06.png

Spoiler

I realize it is still very long, but I want it to be that T's taking the left side of mid will have a close engagement with CT's from B Conn. Snipers just use the first train track sight line. Undoubtedly this area will be reshaped and resized, but I want to keep my envisaged version to see how it plays. I am excited to put out the gray box, but I don't want to jump the gun and release a map that looks like a half painted canvas. I have regents which are basically 10th grade tests next week, and I doubt I will get more than an hour of work done. Even until now I have had perhaps 3 hours to assemble the map. During summer I will be working prodigiously and I aim to make 2 models minimum per day, and at least 3 materials per week (I am newer to those). I feel mostly ready, but I still have a gray area and that is texturing models. Do people make their own materials for that? If so what quality? Any help would be appreciated.  

Are the both train lines and T entrance #2 to B  connector all 3 different lanes, like A site on de_train?

I quite like that, especially the middle part between the connectors.

What do you mean by materials? You would just UVmap a texture and then use VTFedit to create a texture file from an imported image and a material file can be automatically generated from it.

You could try using the Valve stock textures but I doubt they'd be always that useful as most of them are too specific.

@Karthoum Ohhh that makes sense. I thought they were imported with materials baked into them. RIP :D

Oh also, mid is gonna be two lanes with the left train line seemingly going from T entrance 1 to A conn. To solve timing issues, a train will block T entrance one for ~3 secs and then stop, conveniently on the empty platform car which player can jump over. Related imageRelated image

Edited by Interfearance

So I got the train working but everything renders black. This is most likely not the trains fault; I tested it on a separate level and everything was a okay. Its not mat_full bright either. There were already a handful of black faces (no pun pls) in my level as well as some artifact around an arch I had to replace. Now everything is like not reflecting any light.