[WIP] I don't have Hammer (de_verano)

A work-in-progress thread for the Mapcore Exotic Places Contest. I'll update it with pictures when I find out how to.

So this is the first design I got:

It's gonna be based off Ibiza or Indonesia (keeping with the theme). Also I've never used Hammer and cba to get Wine, so I'm gonna need to learn it and make the map in like 5 months when I get a new PC

P1040809.jpg

the hostage map doesn't look like it will work very well as essentially the hostages will never get picked up and people will just camp in the hostage room 

the bomb map looks decent except the t side will get to the site before the ct side do.

Edited by lewiis

Yeah, the hostage map isn't that good, but neither is the hostage game mode in general.

I still need to record the potential timings and make adjustments to the layout in accordance.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Spiffy changed the title to [WIP] I don't have Hammer (de_verano)

Use more negative space in your map (the black void). It will help gameplaywise and later on the art. And yeah go read that article for sure. Also look at official maps and try to learn from them. 

What do you mean by 'use more negative space'? Like make more playable areas in them and more routes to each place?

And I have read the article and have it on my desk to look something up quickly when I need to. Still need to make it more compact though.

• MapCore on Discord

• Our picks

• Mapcore X Prodeus Winners Announced!
      The winners of Mapcore X2 Prodeus 
      1st place: Paws [ Retail Therapy ]
      P-link: m-MC0iuUs2j6

- $1,500.00 USD 
      - One year of Humble Choice 
      - Excalibur Shotgun and Gauntlets (skins)
      - Biker Gloves (skin) 
      - Special winners role on the Prodeus Discord

2nd Place: Grays [ Firebase Kodai ]
      P-link: m-5J9cCzaepH

- $1000.00 USD 
      - 1 month to Humble Choice 
      - Excalibur Gauntlets + Biker Gloves (skins) 

3rd Place: Vladd [ Maximum Menace ]
      P-link: m-9yZfaAliyx

- $500.00 USD 
      - 1 month to Humble Choice 
      - Biker Gloves (skin)

All of the winners will also be showcased on our Youtube channel, and because we had so many amazing entries, we’ll be showcasing parts of our Staff Picks too. 

We want to thank the wonderful folks over at Mapcore for hosting this sick competition, and a big ol shoutout to our sponsor Humble Games (who publish Prodeus), for making a large contribution to our prize pool this time around. 

Looking forward to the next competition already! Maybe will do a coop one with teams allowed? WHO KNOW!? Can't wait, see you then!

• 2 replies