[WIP] Bombspot Bitcoin

16 hours ago, Freesh Milk said:

The second reference image, are you from around there? It is 2 minutes from my house! If it was in a map, I would for sure be playing. Looking really good so far.

Well, the villa is placed on Mount Maunganui, with best beach of the world. Never seen a place like that. The villa is the Palevsky House, Palm Springs.

10 hours ago, JackT said:

The very close bombsites seem like a weird idea. Would have to see how it plays.

So far it works fine, cause A is underground. Will release a playable version soon.

Edited by Vanx

• 3 weeks later...

So I ran around your map for some time and this is what I would focus on:

1. I Think Gameplay-wise having this kind of close combat and such small hallways doesnt go well. I would restructure most of that, to create better areas and hallways indoors. 2. I think outdoors is maybe a bit too open or needs some more cover/props, compared to inside were some props felt unnecessary or just for the purpose of having some (like the two frames, after going up the stairs from t-spawn). So i think some cover would help, because right now it feels like there are very long sightlines and not much holding spots 3. I do also believe the two bombsites being kind of close might form a problem, it feels like if you plant at one site, the ct would already be there to retake (too fast). 4. The position on top of the house might be extremly op, i would be careful implementing that 5. I think T-Spawn needs to be flattend out and needs shorter grass. 6. The map has a lot of glass and wallbangable stuff. I think the aquarium in the larger area is totally fine and quite unique which i like, but it's maybe too much glass everywhere, so that there are too many angles to be careful of.

Anyways these are some of my notesfor improvement for the map, but i can only say so much. I do still think your map has great potential and looks really fancy and visually pleasing already, but I do really recommend doing a playtest, I think it would help you focus on improvement areas for the map and give you a good feel of how the map is played, which can help it immensly. 

9 hours ago, VicJoe46 said:

So I ran around your map for some time and this is what I would focus on:

1. I Think Gameplay-wise having this kind of close combat and such small hallways doesnt go well. I would restructure most of that, to create better areas and hallways indoors. 2. I think outdoors is maybe a bit too open or needs some more cover/props, compared to inside were some props felt unnecessary or just for the purpose of having some (like the two frames, after going up the stairs from t-spawn). So i think some cover would help, because right now it feels like there are very long sightlines and not much holding spots 3. I do also believe the two bombsites being kind of close might form a problem, it feels like if you plant at one site, the ct would already be there to retake (too fast). 4. The position on top of the house might be extremly op, i would be careful implementing that 5. I think T-Spawn needs to be flattend out and needs shorter grass. 6. The map has a lot of glass and wallbangable stuff. I think the aquarium in the larger area is totally fine and quite unique which i like, but it's maybe too much glass everywhere, so that there are too many angles to be careful of.

Anyways these are some of my notesfor improvement for the map, but i can only say so much. I do still think your map has great potential and looks really fancy and visually pleasing already, but I do really recommend doing a playtest, I think it would help you focus on improvement areas for the map and give you a good feel of how the map is played, which can help it immensly. 

Thanks a lot, many cool Ideas and stuff to think about. Will aks for a playtest at discord 😀

• 6 months later...

• MapCore on Discord

• Our picks

• Mapcore X Prodeus Winners Announced!
      The winners of Mapcore X2 Prodeus 
      1st place: Paws [ Retail Therapy ]
      P-link: m-MC0iuUs2j6

- $1,500.00 USD 
      - One year of Humble Choice 
      - Excalibur Shotgun and Gauntlets (skins)
      - Biker Gloves (skin) 
      - Special winners role on the Prodeus Discord

2nd Place: Grays [ Firebase Kodai ]
      P-link: m-5J9cCzaepH

- $1000.00 USD 
      - 1 month to Humble Choice 
      - Excalibur Gauntlets + Biker Gloves (skins) 

3rd Place: Vladd [ Maximum Menace ]
      P-link: m-9yZfaAliyx

- $500.00 USD 
      - 1 month to Humble Choice 
      - Biker Gloves (skin)

All of the winners will also be showcased on our Youtube channel, and because we had so many amazing entries, we’ll be showcasing parts of our Staff Picks too. 

We want to thank the wonderful folks over at Mapcore for hosting this sick competition, and a big ol shoutout to our sponsor Humble Games (who publish Prodeus), for making a large contribution to our prize pool this time around. 

Looking forward to the next competition already! Maybe will do a coop one with teams allowed? WHO KNOW!? Can't wait, see you then!

• 2 replies