Vanx

[WIP] Bombspot Bitcoin

16 hours ago, Freesh Milk said:

The second reference image, are you from around there? It is 2 minutes from my house! If it was in a map, I would for sure be playing. Looking really good so far.

Well, the villa is placed on Mount Maunganui, with best beach of the world. Never seen a place like that. The villa is the Palevsky House, Palm Springs.

10 hours ago, JackT said:

The very close bombsites seem like a weird idea. Would have to see how it plays.

So far it works fine, cause A is underground. Will release a playable version soon.

Edited by Vanx

So I ran around your map for some time and this is what I would focus on:

1. I Think Gameplay-wise having this kind of close combat and such small hallways doesnt go well. I would restructure most of that, to create better areas and hallways indoors. 2. I think outdoors is maybe a bit too open or needs some more cover/props, compared to inside were some props felt unnecessary or just for the purpose of having some (like the two frames, after going up the stairs from t-spawn). So i think some cover would help, because right now it feels like there are very long sightlines and not much holding spots 3. I do also believe the two bombsites being kind of close might form a problem, it feels like if you plant at one site, the ct would already be there to retake (too fast). 4. The position on top of the house might be extremly op, i would be careful implementing that 5. I think T-Spawn needs to be flattend out and needs shorter grass. 6. The map has a lot of glass and wallbangable stuff. I think the aquarium in the larger area is totally fine and quite unique which i like, but it's maybe too much glass everywhere, so that there are too many angles to be careful of.

Anyways these are some of my notesfor improvement for the map, but i can only say so much. I do still think your map has great potential and looks really fancy and visually pleasing already, but I do really recommend doing a playtest, I think it would help you focus on improvement areas for the map and give you a good feel of how the map is played, which can help it immensly. 

9 hours ago, VicJoe46 said:

So I ran around your map for some time and this is what I would focus on:

1. I Think Gameplay-wise having this kind of close combat and such small hallways doesnt go well. I would restructure most of that, to create better areas and hallways indoors. 2. I think outdoors is maybe a bit too open or needs some more cover/props, compared to inside were some props felt unnecessary or just for the purpose of having some (like the two frames, after going up the stairs from t-spawn). So i think some cover would help, because right now it feels like there are very long sightlines and not much holding spots 3. I do also believe the two bombsites being kind of close might form a problem, it feels like if you plant at one site, the ct would already be there to retake (too fast). 4. The position on top of the house might be extremly op, i would be careful implementing that 5. I think T-Spawn needs to be flattend out and needs shorter grass. 6. The map has a lot of glass and wallbangable stuff. I think the aquarium in the larger area is totally fine and quite unique which i like, but it's maybe too much glass everywhere, so that there are too many angles to be careful of.

Anyways these are some of my notesfor improvement for the map, but i can only say so much. I do still think your map has great potential and looks really fancy and visually pleasing already, but I do really recommend doing a playtest, I think it would help you focus on improvement areas for the map and give you a good feel of how the map is played, which can help it immensly. 

Thanks a lot, many cool Ideas and stuff to think about. Will aks for a playtest at discord 😀