Vanquish is a defusal map set high in the mountains, where an ornate village of great history stands. A Marketing group has decided to turn this once-occupied village into a tourist spot, angering a local rebel faction, who take it upon themselves to hand out justice by demolishing it. 

And, well... This is the update page while I work on it!

The main reference image for this map has been this image. GLHF to all who enter!

Vanquish POC.png

Edited by Shima33

The earliest of early in-game shots, the first picture showing the spot where the Pagoda will go when finished, and the second picture being some pre-emptive Mid detailing.

20190607134222_1.jpg

20190607134438_1.jpg

Another day, more detail down at mid. Some people prefer to get the layout 100% down first and then do the art pass, but I like to do both symbiotically with one another, A to get an idea of space and presence and what goes where, but B to make it feel like I'm working on an actual place, rather than a well-designed killbox.

20190608171427_1.jpg

A lot of updates today!

Changed the angle of the sun! Not a thing that requires a massive amount of work, but it's something that really makes props and the map in general pop a lot more.

image.png.ba74222adbe88e71eefea6fe404c926d.png

Decorated the T -> A path! Was struggling for a theme for this spot, but I figured what with everyone talking about caves that I'd add one here, and the torches add their own flavour to the mix.

image.png.97790a8bc6c4bb3d200804485f22dcfe.png

Finally, added a radar! Didn't do the tar layout thing because at this point in development I didn't know how to set it up. I do now, though, so expect the radars to start using that soon!

image.png.fd881c85a8e4072092a728c6baf05662.png

Edited by Shima33

2 minutes ago, Shima33 said:

A lot of updates today!

Changed the angle of the sun! Not a thing that requires a massive amount of work, but it's something that really makes props and the map in general pop a lot more.

image.png.ba74222adbe88e71eefea6fe404c926d.png

Decorated the T -> A path! Was struggling for a theme for this spot, but I figured what with everyone talking about caves that I'd add one here, and the torches add their own flavour to the mix.

image.png.97790a8bc6c4bb3d200804485f22dcfe.png

Finally, added a radar! Didn't do the tar layout thing because at this point in development I didn't know how to set it up. I do now, though, so expect the radars to start using that soon!

image.png.fd881c85a8e4072092a728c6baf05662.png

Some very nice job done here. :D Looking forward to another updates!

BTW: I dont know how to use TAR either :D 

4 minutes ago, TECHNICKER said:

Some very nice job done here. :D Looking forward to another updates!

BTW: I dont know how to use TAR either :D 

Planning to upload a new update every day - gotta keep the map relevant around here somehow, right? :P

TAR's pretty easy to set up, looking back at it. There's a guide here - https://github.com/Terri00/CS-GO-Auto-Radar#Download - only takes a half-hour or so to get working, and from there you get a very crisp, clean image at the end of it. Definitely recommended!

Edited by Shima33

Just now, Shima33 said:

Planning to upload a new update every day - gotta keep the map relevant around here somehow, right? :P

TAR's pretty easy to set up, looking back at it. There's a guide here - https://github.com/Terri00/CS-GO-Auto-Radar#Guide - only takes a half-hour or so to get working, and from there you get a very crisp, clean image at the end of it. Definitely recommended!

Ok, thank you for provided info about TAR, nice profile pic btw :D