JonyDrake

[WIP] Grotta Palazzese (de_ palazzese)

Hey guys, I'm Jony's teammate in this mapping contest, and I've created some ambient music for a portion of the map! This will play somewhere in middle when you get close to a door, similar to the hidden music on dust2 and inferno. It was performed by one of my good friends Quirby64. Hope you all enjoy!

Sorry if it's too loud!

Edited by Samwow
To warn people about the possible volume issues.

Palazzese radar

Palazzese radar

Spoiler

cbdo7-y68d6.png

Will do a 2 layer radar when I figure out how to do it

We're reworking CT Spawn again btw, CT is too far away from one of the bombsites.

------------------------------------------------------

13 hours ago, mr.jogurt said:

wish i had more time to work on my map

I actually only have 2/3 hours a day to work on the map, bc I'm on my finals. But my pal @Samwow does most of the changes on the day, and since his brush work is pretty amateur, When I'm back home at night I just refine his brush work and the layout (that has been our way of working since last week). I really recommend working in a team.

Edited by JonyDrake

12 minutes ago, JonyDrake said:

I actually only have 2/3 hours a day to work on the map, bc I'm on my finals. But my pal @Samwow does most of the changes on the day, and since his brush work is pretty amateur, When I'm back home at night I just refine his brush work and the layout (that has been our way of working since last week). I really recommend working in a team.

thats actually great but i think this wouldn't work for me because of several resons (e.g. my perfectionism and that i don't like giving work to others and probably the biggest problem is that i don't really know anyone who is into mapping or wants to take part in this competition). But when i have the time to work on the map i get quite much done so i think this won't be that big of a problem.

Indeed
It's outdated tho, so I'll update it soon (I fixed the image anyways)

So, Yesterday we did a playtest on the SE server, and rn we're reworking the outside area, bc the indoor area and the grotto played mostly fine.
For now enjoy the view of the sea 🌊

20190622121718_1.jpg.512145cf8d6bb9e086ffef499c87379a.jpg

Edited by JonyDrake

The Layout looks so good. I Can't wait to play it! :)