Radu's mexican town [CANCELLED]

We'll see how things develop and if I find someone to team up with me later on. As much as I'd like to be focusing on this 100% from the start, I'm concentrating on finishing my portfolio atm. What I'd like to do by the end of summer is to have a proper tested blockout and narrow down the scope of the project to something manageable (ideal situation I'd have a rough first art pass with stock and placeholder).

Edit* I'm happy to see the mood board idea is catching on to several other projects. Highly recommend to stick to it through development.

Edited by Radu

21 minutes ago, blackdog said:

De_terrazza

Heh, it's a bit of a departure from Terraza. Sure, it's also in Mexico, but that one is based around the north-east, pretty close to the US border. This one features more colonial architecture.

1 hour ago, Minos said:

Very nice :D Those look super flexible! Are you just going to paste them on top of the buildings, or do you have to cut the building's faces? (I mean, do the windows have depth, or do they just protrude out of the walls?)

They do have depth, so I'm gonna have to cut the building faces. I know the ones that can be pasted over are more convenient, but I'm not a fan of those. I find the depth, even as subtle as it is, to add more to the scene than just something pasted over. Also, I thought them out so that the environment artist can save time when modelling them. If you look at the large windows and single door frames, you'll notice that they are pretty much the same size and share the same shape - because they are and do. Even the other variants, it's just a matter of swapping out the bottom part or adding some detail on top. Probably can optimise the numbers of material files as well.

13 minutes ago, blackdog said:

You gonna convert to models down the line?

I teamed up with someone who's going to handle a part of the props, including the windows/doors. I don't think he's on mapcore (yet).

Edited by Radu

• Mapcore Supporters

Funds go towards hosting and license costs, Discord server boosts, and more. If you'd like to donate, check out our Patreon announcement.