Mustang (formerly Everest)

This map actually put a smile on my face. I really love the visual style, and the layout might be the best one here. My only problems with the map are small nit-picks.

20200201141319_1.jpg.f261d1e0bc66c9bf0cb6ec6ded09b8b8.jpg

This prop looks very out-of-place, and I'd suggest replacing it entirely. Putting a ramp here may also be interesting.

20200201141343_1.jpg.b6d3bb9e82f3089184a6297ba86fae17.jpg

Changing the bricks on this prop to gray and adjusting the color a bit would look a lot more fitting.

20200201141912_1.jpg.62e00bf226e594a084a3d277d9bb2b72.jpg

A custom graffiti here would be very fitting.

20200201142154_1.jpg.65b2aad9261633f3130c51c3c374e955.jpg20200201141949_1.jpg.4a635978ac1d5f9b50c26b5886cb72e6.jpg

These rooms would look better with some new wall textures and details. Some custom paintings or furniture could also go a long way.

Anyway, this is surely one of the greatest entries. You won't even need me to wish you luck, because you've already secured the top three with this map. 

Really awesome art! My only pet peeve is that some of the interiors look a bit empty, especially  the indoors area in the back of A.

The layout looked a bit redundant from the radar image, but now that I ran around it, it's actually quite nice. I'm intrigued to see how mid is gonna play, especially with that see-through, not-go-through room. Besides that, I really like the bombsites, a lot of interesting angles everyone, especially with all the elevated areas around B.

I also have to give props for not clipping the cliffs. Great choice there, I'm sure you've spared a lot of players the annoyance of bumping into invisible walls, by providing them the liberty of plunging to their death, should they decide that life isn't worth living anymore.

And those trees are 👌

Edited by NikiOo

55 minutes ago, Wintrius said:

This map actually put a smile on my face. I really love the visual style, and the layout might be the best one here. My only problems with the map are small nit-picks.

-snip-

This prop looks very out-of-place, and I'd suggest replacing it entirely. Putting a ramp here may also be interesting.

-snip-

Changing the bricks on this prop to gray and adjusting the color a bit would look a lot more fitting.

-snip-

A custom graffiti here would be very fitting.

-snip-

These rooms would look better with some new wall textures and details. Some custom paintings or furniture could also go a long way.

Anyway, this is surely one of the greatest entries. You won't even need me to wish you luck, because you've already secured the top three with this map. 

Thanks! They're on the to-do 👍

• 2 weeks later...

• MapCore on Discord

• Our picks

• Mapcore X Prodeus Winners Announced!
      The winners of Mapcore X2 Prodeus 
      1st place: Paws [ Retail Therapy ]
      P-link: m-MC0iuUs2j6

- $1,500.00 USD 
      - One year of Humble Choice 
      - Excalibur Shotgun and Gauntlets (skins)
      - Biker Gloves (skin) 
      - Special winners role on the Prodeus Discord

2nd Place: Grays [ Firebase Kodai ]
      P-link: m-5J9cCzaepH

- $1000.00 USD 
      - 1 month to Humble Choice 
      - Excalibur Gauntlets + Biker Gloves (skins) 

3rd Place: Vladd [ Maximum Menace ]
      P-link: m-9yZfaAliyx

- $500.00 USD 
      - 1 month to Humble Choice 
      - Biker Gloves (skin)

All of the winners will also be showcased on our Youtube channel, and because we had so many amazing entries, we’ll be showcasing parts of our Staff Picks too. 

We want to thank the wonderful folks over at Mapcore for hosting this sick competition, and a big ol shoutout to our sponsor Humble Games (who publish Prodeus), for making a large contribution to our prize pool this time around. 

Looking forward to the next competition already! Maybe will do a coop one with teams allowed? WHO KNOW!? Can't wait, see you then!

• 2 replies