1 hour ago, Wintrius said:

The speed at which this map is progressing scares me. If each map's chance聽of winning was manifested into fractions of a cake, Everest would occupy three quarters of that cake. Besides your expedient progress being used as a scare tactic, I love seeing how this map is shaping up. What's been shown so far looks great. Good luck!

I guess we're in the honeymoon period. Safe to say progress won't be constantly as fast, but that's naturally fine. It's not a sprint, but a marathon聽馃槄

Thanks for showing interest! :)

On 6/19/2019 at 11:13 AM, Squad said:

It's not a sprint, but a marathon聽馃槄

Did聽I聽forget to mention that I鈥檓 a short distance runner? 馃

I鈥檓 working on a modular set for a traditional nepali house. I鈥檓 about聽half way there, hoping to be done before the end of next week.

Flickr_-_don_macauley_-_House_in_Nepal.j

On 6/19/2019 at 9:26 AM, Wintrius said:

The speed at which this map is progressing scares me. If each map's chance聽of winning was manifested into fractions of a cake, Everest would occupy three quarters of that cake. Besides your expedient progress being used as a scare tactic, I love seeing how this map is shaping up. What's been shown so far looks great. Good luck!

A lot of entries have had months/years of work-in-progress (or even use assets that have been made long-before but never used before) and are being entered for the contest. This is within the rules of the contest, so it's normal to see this. Obviously, it's hard to compete against those maps, but that's just the challenge I guess聽馃槈聽most people make a map for a long time, and then wait for a good contest to enter it.

Even then, working on a map regardless of when you started it, can always be useful for later. In fact, if I'm not wrong there was once a CEVO contest or some other one of the same level, where one of the losing maps was accepted by Valve regardless, which I guess is the biggest reward you can ever have. In any event, whoever thinks any of the entry maps looking extremely good (or a very detailed greybox that looks insane for just a month's time of making) have been made only from the announcement date of this contest, is kidding himself. So yes, start crunching those mapping skills聽馃槃!