Hideout [WIP]

6 hours ago, Tynnyri said:

Looks great but there's a lot of props and textures in this map that stick out for not using the hr counterpart.

There's a hr texture for blue tarp. Use that with some displacements and you can make very realistic looking tarp very easily.

You're using cobble's grass/dirt blend. It's fine, but there are a lot of 4-way-blends from hr_massive that you should check out, they might really work with your theme better.

The lighting on every foliage prop in the map looks out of place. You should check out some different foliage lighting settings. I like to just take every foliage prop, put them into a new map file with some ground beneath them and then copy paste them into multiple sets that I can compile all at once with different lighting settings. Different props really look better on different settings and it's hard to know those settings without some testing.

Thank you Tynnyri! I will take all of those things into consideration. A few things though - I am not using a lot of un-hr textures. In fact, I think there might be only a few, and I'll get rid of them soon. And for the cobble grass blend, no, I am not using that texture xd. I am using a hr_massive texture there. I'll try to fix the lighting on the foliage. :)

Here are some of the final pictures that I have for you guys. I think I might JUST finish the playable space before the deadline, but I've got doubts about that. The map is currently not as polished as I want it to be, but I'm mostly happy with what I've got in my hand for now. This is the final push!

de_hideout0304.jpg

de_hideout0302.jpg

• MapCore on Discord

• Our picks

• Mapcore X Prodeus Winners Announced!
      The winners of Mapcore X2 Prodeus 
      1st place: Paws [ Retail Therapy ]
      P-link: m-MC0iuUs2j6

- $1,500.00 USD 
      - One year of Humble Choice 
      - Excalibur Shotgun and Gauntlets (skins)
      - Biker Gloves (skin) 
      - Special winners role on the Prodeus Discord

2nd Place: Grays [ Firebase Kodai ]
      P-link: m-5J9cCzaepH

- $1000.00 USD 
      - 1 month to Humble Choice 
      - Excalibur Gauntlets + Biker Gloves (skins) 

3rd Place: Vladd [ Maximum Menace ]
      P-link: m-9yZfaAliyx

- $500.00 USD 
      - 1 month to Humble Choice 
      - Biker Gloves (skin)

All of the winners will also be showcased on our Youtube channel, and because we had so many amazing entries, we’ll be showcasing parts of our Staff Picks too. 

We want to thank the wonderful folks over at Mapcore for hosting this sick competition, and a big ol shoutout to our sponsor Humble Games (who publish Prodeus), for making a large contribution to our prize pool this time around. 

Looking forward to the next competition already! Maybe will do a coop one with teams allowed? WHO KNOW!? Can't wait, see you then!

• 2 replies